Monday, July 11, 2005

Assorted Rants

My Car Died :(
I survived the hurricane with little to no effect. Spent the night at C's house (she has digital cable. Digital cable..drooooooool.) The main reason that I spent the night at her house- aside from the fact that it's buckets of fun- was that my car died. That's right. My beautiful baby passed out on me. I was driving to C's house after church, singing along with Fiona Apple, and all of a sudden Fiona was gone. And so was my clock. And my speedometer. And my gas gauge. And all things electrical in my truck. Luckily I made it to her apartment, but of course the thing wouldn't start back up later. So, I spent the night. I blame the car trouble on my lust for the Honda Element. I thought I could look as long as I didn't touch, but apparently my baby's not into that. C's place was good times....Dublin Mudslide is God's gift to the world. Thank Ben & Jerry for being the conduits through which God has provided this miracle.

Battery at the Car Dealership
So, this morning, Daniel comes over and puts a new battery in the truck. (Yay him. Boo for me and my inability to change battery.) But changing the battery does not fix the battery light, and the voltage in the battery starts going down even while I'm driving the truck. Dad says, "It's probably the alternator. Take it to the nearest Chevy dealership." Holy mother of God worst mistake ever. I have resolved to learn all things car maintenance in order to prevent myself from ever having to seek auto services again. Holy crap alternators are expensive. And they become moreso when people take three hours to install them. Sweaty, smelly people. I know how they smelled because when I finally regained control of my vehicle, I jumped in the car and almost had to jump back out again. So overpowering was the stench of sweat and body odor that I'm gagging a little bit right now just thinking about it. Thank God for Febreze. Anyways, I got my bill at the car place and I really really really wanted to hurt someone that worked there. Badly. Especially the less fragrant members of the staff who must have rolled around on my upholstery.

Monsoon Wedding....or Hurricane Wedding I Guess
I'm leaving tomorrow for my friend's Indian wedding (pictures of Samantha looking like a complete idiot to come.) My MIA roommate/best friend/reason that I'm friends with the bride in the first place has bailed on being a bridesmaid. I'm really really mad at her....because it means that I will be stranded 4 hours from home for 3 days with a LOT of braindead people. It'll be a miracle if we all make it back alive. So, I'll be back Thursday evening. Laters!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats