Friday, July 08, 2005

How to Keep Me Awake at Night

Send me weird dreams. I guess it started when I couldn't fall asleep in the first place because of the whole London thing. I probably didn't climb into bed until about 2 AM. But then I kept waking up. First, I dream that I'm married. I married an Olympic skydiver (I don't think that even really exists) right before he had to jump in the Olympics. Then he went off to jump and I was all hunky dory and I was at my house with my family waiting for him to come back. (I don't know why I didn't stay to watch, or watch it on TV at my house or anything like that.) And we were eating pizza. And all of a sudden I see the ring on my finger and I look up at my Mom and say, "Oh my God. If he survives this jump, I'll be married. MARRIED." And she just looked at me with this "I told you so" kind of look. All of a sudden, someone knocks at the door, and it's him in his little jumpsuit thingie and he has cuts and scratches and leaves and crap on him. And I jump all over him and start kissing him and he says he loves me and then I wake up. And I mean, I wake up like hyperventilating. Because that kind of crap freaks me out. I couldn't fall back asleep for a while because my heart rate was insane.

Then, I finally fall back asleep, and I dream I'm living the book "Angela's Ashes." If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. (I don't highly recommend the movie- read the BOOK!) But over the course of the book, a few of the kids die...and in my dream, I knew that they were going to die. So basically I spent all night trying to keep the kids alive. I was feeding them, and checking temperatures, and belting the drunken father right in the mouth for not bringing any money home. Basically doing all the things I really wanted to do when I read the book. Then one of the kids got sick and that woke me up cause I knew they were going to die and it was my fault for not doing a better job of taking care of them. Again with the heart rate and hyperventilation. So it's now 12:30 in the afternoon and I'm just climbing out of bed because I finally feel like I've had some sleep. Maybe that's what happens when you have tofu curry right before bed. Go fig. Laters!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

oh man, tofu anything.

and, speaking of angela's ashes...commenting on the book, a childhood friend of the author's said "if had actually rained as much as was reported in the novel we all would have been breathing through gills"

ha.

Fri Jul 08, 10:43:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats