Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Big news people: I am homeless no longer. Well, not that I was homeless. I was kind of hypothetically homeless in the future sense because finding housing in the Boston area is freaking ridiculous. It's not helped by the fact that I was apartment hunting from 2000 miles away and my on-site evaluator could only go see places during non-work hours. Everytime we would find something nice, I'd make contact with the realtor, and the next time we'd contact them to either confirm the viewing appointment or ask for the address or whatever, they'd say "Umm..yeah..I rented that out an hour ago." People swoop in like vultures. Bastards.

So, yesterday when I got home I did my usual 426th visit to Craigslist for the day. Lo and behold, a *gorgeous* house was listed on the same street as the last house that we loved and was brutally taken from us. So, I called the number on the listing. The owner of the house said that she had not been feeling well that day and so had arranged showings with everyone that called about the property (5 separate people since it had been listed at 10 that morning) for the next day. However, she was feeling better and if I could come see it early in the evening, she'd be happy to show it. I sent Tom over there with a mission. If the place is nice, get it. Get it right then and there because there are 5 people waiting to get it tomorrow.


Well 5 mystery people, I have one word for you: SUCKAS!!!


In 45 days I will live in that house. In not Alabama. A 3 minute drive from my boyfriend's house. I have swooped. And it's awesome.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is a great looking place and so close to Tommy as well. Good job! rb

Mon Jun 11, 02:37:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats