Monday, July 25, 2005

Yes, I'm still here

Hi everybody. Sorry about the falling off the planet...I just wasn't in a blogging mood. But now I'm back, and oh what stories I have!! (Not really, but I'll put some stuff here to make it an update.) So, since my last post:

The Wedding
The wedding was a nightmare. I was waiting to post til I got some pictures up, but now I don't know when that will be, so sorry. The ceremonies were kind of cool to watch and everything, but sweet baby Jesus three days of watching ceremonies in another language is a bit much. And by 3 days, I mean 3 frikkin' days. It was not a couple hours one day and a couple hours the next. The first day I did 4 hours of driving, got there and sat through 6 hours of wedding stuff. The next day I got there at 9 AM and didn't get to bed until about 2 AM the next morning. The next morning had to be there at 8 AM and didn't get out until 5 PM and then had to drive 3.5 hours to my parents' house. I was so exhausted by the end of it, I wanted to die a little bit. However, the wedding did have its pluses.
+ Delicious Indian food. I have never sucked down so much water in my LIFE. That stuff is crazy hot, but it is soooo good.
+ Good music. I love Hindi music and my friend got most of her wedding soundtrack from Bollywood movies which I also love.
+ Getting to dance. I've only been to one other wedding in my life, and there was no dancing at it. Which was sad because my friend who was getting married totally hearts dancing. But there was dancing at this wedding, albeit Indian dances that I don't know how to do, but I'm a fast learner. It was fun.
+ I now own a sari. I can't decide whether to keep it as a Halloween costume or make pillows out of it or what. But the possibilities are endless and it's really pretty, so yay.

The Movies
I've gone to the movies a lot lately. It's something to do in a room that is nice and cool. Because let me tell you, it's hot as hell down here in Alabama. Since my last post, I've seen:

Fantastic 4 which was alright, but I would've been okay renting it instead of seeing it at the theatre. There was a ton of build-up about their powers and all that jazz, but then when it came to actually getting the bad guy I swear they took care of him in two minutes. Two minutes. Hour and something of build-up for two minutes. It was pretty damn anti-climactic. But, it was an okay movie...had lots of funny parts. And if, like my sister, you just want to see it for that torch-boy and his body you will be okay with it. I know Erin enjoyed it. I will say though, you could tell it's based on an old comic book. Because really? Flexibility and being made of rock are not hot superpowers in this day and age. Kids that are playing superheroes aren't wishing they were made of rubber, no matter how handy it might be. They'd rather have steel claws. X-men beats the pants off of Fantastic 4.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which is an AWESOME movie. I loved it. I've seen it twice already and can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I didn't want to see it at first because between Tim Burton directing and Johnny Depp's chicklet teeth on the commercials, I thought they would just ruin the old movie. How wrong I was. The movie is hilarious and Johnny Depp is awesome in it. Also, Freddie Highmore is my favorite little boy on the planet. I would take him home in a heartbeat. I'm not such a fan of little boys in general, being raised in a house with five girls and having really irritating boy cousins. But Freddie Highmore is the cutest little boy in the world. I heart him muchly. Go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!...and take me with you.

The Island hadn't come out yet but my friend had free tickets to a sneak preview. So, I went to see it with him. I hadn't seen any commercials for the movie and really didn't have a clue what it was about. It was pretty good though. It's all about clones and using them for organ donation, which is a subject which is pretty near and dear to my heart (organ donation, not cloning for that purpose.) The movie was only rated PG-13, but I will say that some of the imagery was pretty disturbing to me and I would have rated it R. Some of the chase scenes are too long, but it's exciting and there are attractive male and female leads, so something for everyone. :) Really I think my friend mainly went to watch Ewan McGregor wander around in a tight tracksuit....he loves some Ewan McGregor. So, overall a pretty good movie- I would recommend it.

Our Lady Peace
Their new single, "Where Are You?" is out now and you can get it off iTunes. The song is not their best, but it's Raine's voice so I like it. I'm worried about the album, but I'm going to keep praying about it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chinaboy
That stupid boy I like who has "booger" tattooed on his back has returned to this continent. I haven't seen him yet, but I really want to. I wish I had a camera, because I would totally take a picture of his tattoo and post it here. What a spazz. I don't really have much to report on him yet, but I'll share when something happens.

Visitor
This past weekend I had a friend come into town from Seattle. He wanted to go clubbing in Birmingham and all that jazz, so we decided to go out Saturday night. He got here Friday. We didn't do much Friday, just watched a movie. But Saturday we decided to go canoeing with two of my friends. They've been several times and I've never been able to go because I've had to work. I thought my friend who was visiting was a really outdoorsy person because he likes to hike and all that jazz. For some reason I thought this also translated to "knows how to canoe." Yeah, not so much. We got caught on every rock in that river. And he kept yelling at me whenever we'd get stuck. It really got on my nerves a little bit. At one point we got caught between two rocks and I had to get out of the canoe and free us and then kind of half-swim to catch up to the canoe but I couldn't kick or anything because there were rocks everywhere. Then, we got to the big waterfall. It's not really a drop, well I guess you drop a couple feet, but it's more horizontal. But when you go over, if you're not balanced right, you'll flip and there are rocks all over. Needless to say, we flipped. I land facedown on a rock underwater while all the seats and wooden bars in the canoe rake over my head. Thank God for my thick hair which basically acts as a helmet. I probably would've actually been hurt were it not for all the padding. Then after the canoe left, the current swept me over all the rocks til I could finally get up on a rock. Stupid flip-flops were lost, legs scraped up, knees bruised. Not cool. It was fun to sit at the bottom of the fall and watch inner-tubers come over scraping their butts on the rocks. Everyone was really drunk, so I guess they didn't feel it that much but it was pretty funny. Overall it was fun, but a little bit painful. Then I needed a piggy-back ride to the car because I'd lost my shoes and there were rocks and bits of glass everywhere. My friend from Seattle tries to give me one and he can't even hold me up without groaning. Needless to say I felt like a total chunk. Luckily my other friend carried me with no problem. Cause walking all the way to the car would've sucked a little bit.
Saturday night we went to a couple alternative lifestyle clubs with my friends. Always a good time. Funnily enough, I look up and there's one of my co-workers stuffing dollar bills into a drag queen's bra. I tried to hide so he wouldn't know I saw him, but of course one of my friends drags him over to meet me. He looks up, sees who I am and freaks out a little bit. I said, "I am so not here. You didn't see me" (because he works with my Mom a lot.) He says, "Yeah, I'm not here either. I've never been here and I sure didn't see you here." And that was about the end of it. Then he went back to smoochin' on the drag queens. It was pretty funny to see someone you only know professionally when he lets loose. Good for him. :)

Sooo, that's about all that's been going on. Sorry I've been too lazy to post, I'll try to be better. Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats