Friday, June 08, 2007

Tired

I'm off work today and decided to be as productive as possible. Clean the apartment, take things to Goodwill, figure out what moving truck to rent, and even get new tires put on the truck I plan to drag to Massachusetts like a crippled dog. The last time my truck got new tires was when my parents gave me a set as a high school graduation gift. Which means that I've been on this set of tires since I was 16 years old. That's a good 7 years. Not to say they're all the same. I'm sure they've all been replaced or patched at one time or another. But I decided that since two of those tires are going to be dragged a good 2000 miles, maybe it's time for a new set. I can't imagine changing a flat while the truck is hooked up to a UHaul being fun. At all.

When my parents bought my tires, they got them from WalMart (shocking) and they got them with a lifetime warranty. Meaning that anything other than wear or tear means that I get a free new tire or a free tire patching. Whichever is cheaper for Walmart. Which is the primary reason I haven't had to buy new tires in 7 years (although some tell me that is incredibly debatable and they've been worried about my truck actually just being a glorified sled for a while now.) So it's time to buy new tires and I'm torn. The WalMart tire deal has been awesome. And Massachusetts has Walmarts. On the other hand, WalMart is a huge evil corporation that doesn't pay its workers, give them good benefits, or allow them to unionize if they so desire. They're pretty much a huge part of what is wrong with America. So I hesitate to give them money. But they're so cheap and I am so poor. It's a tough call.

So I caved. And I drove to WalMart. And I sat in my car in the receiving line for literally 30 minutes. Before they figured out that they did not have 4 tires that would hold my truck up. Really? A WalMart in Alabama doesn't have 4 truck tires?? Seriously?? It's all we drive! So, I think it's a sign and I should probably buy tires elsewhere. From...I don't know....a company not owned by Satan. Suggestions welcome :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger craziasian said...

can you buy them online? because if you can, you should ship them to your work. and seriously, what a hilarious thing to get at work.

Mon Jun 11, 05:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats