Friday, December 17, 2004

California Dreamin'

I might get to go to California in March! Woohoo! My school has a $500 travel grant to send one student to a conference in Loma Linda, California. I really want to go for a variety of reasons:
1. The conference is on healthier lifestyles, which is my area of interest/growing expertise.
2. The conference will feature the creator of the Transtheoretical Model of Change (if you're in Health Behavior, you think that's really cool...and you're a dork.)
3. The conference is free and the travel grant will defray most of the expenses...I'd mostly have to pay for food.
4. The conference is in California.

Really, #4 covers it, but they are all true (Yes, Health Behaviorists, you are dorks.) The decision of which student gets the single grant we have is up to one of the Deans who asked the Department heads and a few other staff members for recommendations of who to send. So, we'll see. It would be nice to have the PHR conference on the 5th of March and then get to fly out of town the next week...a nice little minibreak that will be much needed by the time March rolls around I'm sure. Well, I'm beat so time for sleep. Laters!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats