Friday, December 17, 2004

Why me?

Last night, I got home and Rupal called me to go out with her and Carolyn. Apparently the law school was having an "end of finals party" at a bar in Homewood. Rupal did not want to go with Carolyn alone, because she didn't really know anyone and the probability of losing Carolyn in a crowded place is way high since she's a very little person. I mean, damn tiny. Soo, I decided to go with them. Not such a hot idea. We get there and it is the world's tiniest bar. Itty bitty. So we're crammed into this place like sardines, except we're not sardines, we're something else...like gummy worms. Trapped in a sardine can. It smells bad in the sardine can, and sardines are loud and obnoxious. Case in point: the sardine at the bar.

A little bit of backstory for those who don't know her- Rupal is gorgeous. She's a model and she's beautiful, and because of this, many many many guys hit on her. (Tip: Don't hit on her unless you have money, cause you're wasting your time.) So, we go up to the bar to grab a drink and there's this dude sitting there....has to be 30 something...if not older. He taps Rupal and tells her that she is the most beautiful thing he's ever seen and people must tell her that a lot, and can he have her number? So she smiles and says hell no, and you'd think that'd be it. No. He turns to me and proceeds to "hit on" me. I put "hit on" in cute little quotations because I've never been insulted while being hit on, but last night was a first. The guy, after complimenting Rupal up and down, turns to me and says, "you're beautiful, but in an understated way. You have to kind of look for it. You look really determined like you know what you want." At this point, I'm wandering away because he's really drunk and I'm kind of PO'd. And he grabs my arm and goes, "You just look like the kind of girl that would kick some ass."

This exchange brings up some interesting questions. I do consider myself very determined and kind of kickass. However, do I project that just walking around? I figured people wouldn't know that til they either crossed me or got to know me. It's very strange that some drunk dude at a bar would peg me like that. I mean, I wasn't wearing leather or carrying a whip or anything. I dunno. It was bee-czar. Well, food for thought. I'm off to work...buenas dias!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats