Wednesday, December 15, 2004

No really, fire me.

I'm not even kidding- if I become any more irresponsible I will be...well, I don't know who I'll be but it won't be me. I woke up at my usual 6:45 this morning in order to prepare for work...but rather than getting up, I turned off both alarms and fell back asleep under the assumption that I would reawaken in about 5 minutes. I have to leave by 7:45 AM to get to work on time. So, I finally roll over and look at my watch. It's 7:45 AM. My hair's not done, I'm not wearing makeup, hell, I'm not even wearing clothes. It was a bad moment to be me. I was supposed to be in Gardendale helping with flu shots at 8 AM. Gardendale is 20 minutes away. Ugh. So, I got up, got to Gardendale at about 8:40 (including stopping for gas), and worked all day helping old people walk around and fill out forms. My feet hurt and are quite blistered from wearing my non-padded boots around all day. Thank God I had the foresight (read: was too lazy to iron slacks) to wear jeans. So, I got home around 5 PM completely exhausted, with my feet hurting, and smelling like old people and cigarettes. (Some people reeked of cigarettes and for some reason I did too just from being around them. Talk about secondhand smoke.) So, cross your fingers for me that I actually make it to work on time tomorrow. It would be the first time this week, but it's really kind of important. I figure turning off the heat in the apartment before I go to bed will help, since the heat is making it far too warm and cozy to wake up. Alrighty, I'm heading to bed. Man, I hope I wake up in the morning. Laters!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats