Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Car Talk

Today was Samantha's first foray into vehicle maintenance. And I shouldn't have forayed. Thanks a lot Daniel. Now I have 2 tiny lightbulbs that I have no use for. My brake light/turn signal on the right side stopped working. So, I labored under the assumption that the lightbulb needed to be replaced. I was wrong. So. Wrong. It took me forever to get the old lightbulb out...that thing was lodged firmly in its little socket and it definitely did not want to leave its cozy little home. I finally get it out, replace it with a newer and better bulb, put the assembly back onto the back of the truck, and turn on the signal. Ta da!! Nothing. So now I think it's the fuse...which I tried to get out of the fuse box to no avail. The truly sad part about this failed attempt is how dirty the inside of the tail light assembly is. Because all that dirt got on my hands, which subsequently got on my face (since I have a unruly mop on my head that I have to continuously prop behind my ears) and my jeans. So now I look like I've been wrestling a pig who was encrusted in mud rather than dripping with it. And my tail light still doesn't work. This is why I just take my baby to the professionals. Lesson learned.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mance01 said...

Thanks :) As far as a need for a handy man, I'm going home on Thursday, so I'll just get my Dad to fix it for me. Thanks for the offer though!

Tue Dec 28, 10:43:00 PM PST  
Blogger mance01 said...

If you knew it was the fuse, why did you tell me how to take my tail light off?!?? You KNEW I was thinking it was the lightbulb!! When you get back, I'm going to knock you down, and then kick you in the head. But just once because you can say the word "cessation." Hope you're having fun deep in the heart of Texas!

Wed Dec 29, 02:24:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats