Thursday, December 09, 2004

I think I accidentally grew up

I am a grown-up. And here's my proof:
1. It is 10 PM and I'm basically asleep at the keyboard.
2. Christmas shopping has become more of a chore than an excuse to be in a mall.
3. I like movies without happy endings.
4. I like music without words (although I like it with words as well.)
5. I have a crappy job that I haven't quit.
6. I have another job, so I can't go out on weekends.
7. I can go out for drinks.
8. I don't have to ask anyone whether I can throw food away out of the refrigerator.
9. Tomorrow I have to attend an Educational Policy Committee Meeting.
10. I am the supervising coordinator of a conference that over 400 people will be attending.
11. The conference is called "Achieving Equity in Global Health- A Role for Health
Professionals"
12. I wake up at 6:30 AM every morning using only an alarm clock and strength of will.
13. I can get a new job because I have education and experience.
14. I will need a new job because I have to pay my rent and other bills.

Being a grown-up sucks.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Doesn't it seem just like yesterday that you were a kid and didn't know about the real world? I miss those days too, but hey, at least you can stay up past 10 now...

Thu Dec 09, 09:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger mance01 said...

Yeah...I can stay up...but I've passed into the grown-up realm where having a job necessitates going to bed early. Which means that I'm an old, pathetic lady at the tender age of 21. Sob. :)

Thu Dec 09, 09:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger Midlife Mom said...

It stays the same forever after...take it from a 43-year-old mother of 4...it does get easier to handle, however. You start appreciating what you do have...which becomes less and less. Appreciate your body - it will never look younger or more fit. Appreciate your energy - it will slowly start to leave and frustrate you because your mind won't. Appreciate your family. They will love you through all the bullcrap and blogs...Appreciate God. He's always around just waiting for us to pay attention.

Sun Dec 12, 02:59:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats