Wednesday, January 26, 2005

She did a lot of Whip-Its

Yesterday afternoon my friend C called with a plea for help. She's in law school and apparently they have this class where they have to practice doing jury selection and part of their grade was dependent upon them bringing someone to be in the fake jury. And in steps Samantha. I came as her little jury guinea-pig. It was a lonnnggg class- I was there about 2.5 hours (from 6-8:30 PM) which you know is on the brink of messing with my old lady bedtime. But it was good to break with routine. It was so much fun though.

There were several guys on the jury that were an absolute trip. They picked names like "Hi, I'm Henry Ford," Eddie Bauer, etc. I didn't know what I was doing so I just pretended to be myself except I said I was a professor instead of a student. I was so tired...I wasn't funny at all. I was kind of disappointed with myself. If I'd been awake, I'd have been right there in the fray. Oh well though. So one of the cases had to do with insurance fraud. So the lawyer asked us if any of us had a poor past experience with an insurance company. The guy a couple seats over from me proceeds to raise his hand and describe an incident where a deer ran into the side of his car, and since it was the side, you should be able to tell that he didn't hit it, it hit him, etc. But the insurance paid for it. They didn't pay for it when the exact same thing happened again about a month later. We were all dying laughing. The odds of a deer running into your car twice are pretty low. (I found out later that was a true story.)

The next absolutely hilarious incident was when they asked us about domestic violence. I said that my roommate had been a domestic violence counselor and would tell me stories about it. They asked if it was all male on female violence. I said yes. So the guy next to me proceeds to raise his hand (keep in mind that he is playing a 60 year old man named Eddie Bauer) and describe how his mom used to beat his dad all the time. Particularly when she was strung out on Whip-Its. She would go through 10-20 cans of "Reddi-Whip" a night. He also reminded us that, "That's a lot of whipped cream." And he was kind of cracking his voice and pretending to be really upset. It was HI-larious. There were other funny things such as the guy that was doing a fake accent that made him sound like Goober from Andy Griffith. Overall it was a lot of fun, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Now I should probably get ready for school. Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats