Thursday, March 31, 2005

Another day, Another regret

Today was filled with foibles. Here is just a smattering of the things that I regret from today.

1. Eating at Yoe Express. The white sauce in which my vegetables were immersed was oily looking, and had the consistency of a certain body fluid. But, I was starving, and it didn't taste bad so I basically cleaned my plate. Richard and I go back in for drink refills and he cheerily points out a roach THE SIZE OF MY HEAD crawling under the table. Suddenly felt the oily white sauce creeping back up my throat, but kept it down by sheer willpower.

2. Leaving my refrigerator door open ALL DAY. I just got home a few minutes ago and heard a strange mechanical sound. Soon realized that the fridge has been open all day and that the sound that of my brand-new refrigerator struggling to live. All because I had to take grapes to work with me because I was ever so hungry even before leaving the apartment this morning. Stupid grapes.

3. Parking at the school. Stupid Samantha assumed that if the parking lot is TOTALLY empty, and classes are out for Spring break, then she should be able to park anywhere she wants without fear of ticketing retribution. Awww...poor Samantha. No. It was pouring down buckets of rain, and still the Nazi parking patrol decided to ticket me and the other two schmucks who had the balls to park where they didn't have a valid permit. My logic is this: If I can't go to the school's student center and get a cup of coffee or some food because it's spring break, I shouldn't be able to go to the parking lot and get a ticket either. I hate UAB parking.

4. Not throwing away the broccoli and cauliflower I had the other night. It sat on my stove all day yesterday and when I got home last night, my apartment reeked. So, I threw it away. But I didn't take out the trash. So today I came home and was greeted with a stiff smack in the head by the stench of rotting vegetables. Yuck.

On that note, I'm going to go clean my apartment. It's not very dirty, I just need to clean the kitchen really. Then job applications! Laters!

1 Comments:

Blogger mance01 said...

Dork. That's not a big deal- you already cleaned it up!! :-p

Thu Mar 31, 04:05:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats