Saturday, March 26, 2005

Homeward Bound

I'm leaving in about 6 hours to go home. Easter- woo! I love Easter...you wake up, go to church, come home, and go hunting for baskets filled with chocolate. What could be better? Perhaps if you didn't have to find the baskets, and they were just sitting around. However, the Easter bunny at my house has to make it difficult, so I typically spend a good 30 minutes looking for my basket before one of my sisters finally relents and tells me where it is. As long as the final outcome is chocolate, I'm okay with it.

In other news, today was beautiful and utterly unproductive. Carolyn and I went to lunch, then we went and laid in a paddleboat. Let me reiterate. We did not sit in the paddleboat. We laid in the paddleboat. We abandoned the steering wheel and the pedals, and we climbed onto the back of the vessel and we laid there trying to get tans. Ever since my summer of third degree burns (never fall asleep in a hammock in direct sunlight in Alabama in the summer,) I have been unable to lay out and get a tan. I have always been adamantly opposed to artificial tanning, and was terrified during my one visit to a tanning bed, but I think I'm going to have to get over it. I am so white. When you can look at your own feet and honestly compare them to a dead person's, it's time to find an alternative to direct sunlight. I've tried lying out, and it really doesn't work for me. I need to kick-start my melanocytes.

Well, better hit the rack if I have any hope of waking up in a few hours. Happy Easter everybody! Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats