Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Committed

That's what I need to be. I am so completely ready for next week, I can't begin to describe it. I have become the little servant girl for my conference's national coordinator. I swear- every ten seconds it's some new and more irritating request. I feel like Braveheart and she's the English....except she's winning and I have strategy against her. She has taken my life, and my freedom. Luckily though, it will all end soon and I will be able to take a break in sunny, not so cold California for a week! Yea!!

In other news, we started the "Couch to 5K" tonight. I've actually already done it, but it's fun to do it with some more people. There was a huge group there tonight, and the guy in charge promised a better body and new friends by the end of it. Who wouldn't sign up for that?!? The only problem with it is that I came home so exhausted I didn't get anything done, and fell asleep during Law and Order:SVU, which is a crime in itself because I do so love the Christopher Meloni. Oh well though.

Finally, my last stressor for today. I wrote a letter and sent it to everyone in my student group. I love them all, but people weren't stepping up to the plate to get things done and it was creating a lot of extra work for certain group members (particularly me.) So, I did the thing that hopefully will help, although will probably not make me any more popular than I already am with the group. I sent a guilt-inducing letter that hopefully will inspire them to get off their duffs. Or just sit there and hate me. Either way, at least I tried to do something. Of course, the thought of everyone in my group hating me is pretty sobering and saddening. I hope they don't take it personally- because I like them all a lot, but this is business!!

I guess that's all I had for tonight. Tons of stuff going on...life slowly coming apart at the seams...hoping it will stay together long enough for me to make my escape next week. Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats