Monday, March 14, 2005

The Usual

Of course, I should be studying for an exam I have tomorrow. However, I'd rather deconstruct one of my new favorite television shows. When I first saw commercials for NBC's new psychic crime drama "Medium" I was not impressed. I had no desire to watch the show. Call me a convert. I love "Medium." It's really interesting, and more importantly, it's really cute. Sure, it has all the trappings of "Law & Order" which totally has me right from the start. But, it also has something better. Underlying all the drama, and psychic powers, is this really romantic relationship. The main character, Alison Dubois (played by the very pretty Patricia Arquette) is psychic. But she's also married and has 3 children. Rather than focus on all the drama, the writers of the show weave in the family aspect quite beautifully.

During tonight's episode, Alison kept being awakened by a dream. They showed her dream, and you wanted to find out about it, blah blah blah. But the bet thing about the episode was that a lot of time was also devoted to cute little scenes with her husband (a very handsome man who is literally a rocket scientist in the show) where he's trying to get her to come back to bed because she needs her rest and he's worried about her. I love his character. Joe Dubois is every woman's dream. He helps with the children, he's considerate, he's handsome, and sweet Jesus the man's a rocket scientist. This show has it all...and thus is has my rapt attention during time I should be devoting to study. When I get a bad grade on my exam, and I'm on here bitching, just throw this post right back in my face. I know I deserve it. But I do so love "Medium." Just thought I'd share. I'm going to bed and then waking up insanely early to study. Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats