Sunday, April 03, 2005

Dispatches from D'ville

I went home again this weekend (my youngest sister's 10th birthday) and it was a lot of fun. However, I did notice a few things during my trip, and I thought I'd share them here.

1. "Inner City Tattoo and Piercing"- New business that I spotted on my way home. Conveniently located more than 50 miles from the nearest city.

2. "Good Boy!"*note that the "o"s in "Good" were actually pictures of diamond earrings*- A billboard advertising a jewelry store. The billboard had a picture of an attractive blonde woman mouthing the words. I enjoy the parallel drawn between this woman's significant other (and indeed, any woman's significant other) and a dog. Mmmm...classy.

3. "Fallout Shelter"- I've noticed this before, but for some reason they really stood out this weekend. Every civic building in D'ville has a sign designating it as a "Fallout Shelter." Apparently the fact that these brick buildings can function in this capacity is of note. I've also deducted that D'ville is the only city in the US still firmly entrenched in the Cold War. Way to be guys. (Just as an aside, my Grandparents still have a fallout shelter buried in their pasture. So, if Russia decides to bust a cap in our collective ass, you know who to befriend and buy gifts for. Me. Cause I have the fallout shelter hookup. Word.)

Okay, off to get something done. (Theoretically anyway. Never really turns out that way.) Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats