Monday, September 12, 2005

La Clase de Espanol

Okay. So my Spanish class? Totally sucks. This class eats up more of my time than biochemistry, immunology, and molecular genetics combined. The other night I had to go to a "designated event", do online homework, do homework from the book, and do a take-home quiz. For one class!! AUGH!! Stupid freshman level class. Then, for last night's homework I was required to write a letter to an alien. In Spanish. (And before you ask, no. Not an illegal alien. Because that would actually make sense. I had to correspond with an extraterrestrial.)

Which leads us to tonight's exercise in stupidity. I am required to decorate a "caja" or box. (I think that's how you spell it.) On this box, I must use more than 2 media and la professora must be able to find out things about me just by looking at it. The box can not have more than 3 words on it. UAB counts as a word. This is the most ridiculous thing ever. I asked what size box we should use. The reply?
Teacher: Over the course of the semester you will put 30 things in the box, so whatever size you would need to accomodate 30 things.
Me: Um, what 30 things?
Teacher: It's up to you.
Me: *in my head* What are you talking about?!?!?!??!?!
Teacher: Look on your syllabus.
Me: My syllabus says it's due Wednesday. It doesn't say anything about what goes in the box.
Teacher: It's up to you! You're being graded on your creativity!!
Me: *again, to myself* OH MY GOD THIS IS WHY I LOVE SCIENCE!!
So, I've decided my 3o things will be itty-bitty post-it notes so that they will fit in my highly decorated matchbox. Haha. I wish. No, I'm decorating the shoebox that my soccer cleats came in. I took my cleats out of the box, those bad boys are CAKED with mud. I can't believe I didn't wash them last time I used them. I'm so frikkin' lazy. I didn't even wash them today. I just set them on a paper towel in my closet. (okay, that was a random tangent that gives you way too much information about the depth of my sloth.)
Unfortunately/Fortunately I called my friend who is an art major and he has decided that he's really excited about this whole project. He's going to help me do the whole thing tomorrow night.
Pro: He will make it look totally awesome and my caja will rock the casbah.
Con: He will make me expend 40,000 times the effort I would have otherwise put into this project.
I guess I should just focus on the pros. Okay, I guess that's it for now. Laters!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

"I think that's how you spell it." Maybe you should pay a little more attention in your freshman level spanish class. :-Þ

Tue Sep 13, 07:07:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats