Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I Will Survive!

The past week has been fraught with drama, which you would think would spark a need for the catharsis generally brought about by my writing. However, those who know me best may note that my best catharsis (reserved for when I am madder than hell) is reserved for cleaning. Hence my last entry. I am no longer angry. I'm not angry, I'm not hurt, and I'm really not surprised.

On the Brittain front, there's nothing to tell. I never heard from him again, and I don't expect to. If I do hear from him, it will be because he wants to remain friends, which I'm happy to do. Won't be hard considering the fact that he hardly ever writes and is on the opposite side of the globe. Nuff said. I tend to be attracted to the 1. insane 2. criminal and 3. uninterested. It leads to a lot of 1. disappointment 2. calls from jail and 3. rejection. So, I think I'm starting to get used to it. Sad, but true.

On other fronts, everything's going really well. I've had my pity-party-on-the-couch-with-assorted-chocolate-laden-products time, so it's back to firing on all cylinders. My goals for conference recruitment were set for 10 undergraduate students, and 20 public health students. At present, I have recruited 3 undergrads and 2 public health students. I have until next Thursday. I'll get it done- have no fear (I know I have none.) The website for registration is www.phrusa.org/students so if by some act of God you are a student interested in global health and you're in the vicinity of Birmingham, or are willing to make the trek, please register and then let me know you registered so I can add it to my tally. Thanks :)

In unrelated news, one of my best friends has placed a 7 day "embargo" on me during which he is neither to see nor speak to me. I know he did not mean for this to hurt my feelings (which it did) and I know he has a good reason for it (which he won't tell me) so I've decided to comply with his wishes. He told me that he had lifted the "embargo" but I'm not going to let that fly. I'm sure there was some initial thought process behind that decision, so we'll see where it takes him. By my calculations, we can communicate again on the 21st. I hope he figures out whatever he was looking for. As I said, I'm not angry and I'm not hurt anymore. I'm over it. So no need for explanations or apologies...let's just do this and be done with it.

I guess that's all that's going on in my life for now. I'm really stoked about the conference (only 17 days away!) and keeping so busy with that as of late has really made my work bearable. Mainly because I'm not doing any work. Oooh! I also found a job I'd really like to have, so I'm not so nervous about graduating anymore. But, I'm tired and I have work in the morning, so I'm going to head to bed and I'll tell you guys about it tomorrow night! Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats