Monday, June 26, 2006

Things I Learned Today (possibly yesterday)

1. It is possible to launder a thumbdrive. And retain all the data on said thumbdrive. woo $20 thumbdrive! You are a rockstar for not losing all my important med school application data, masters thesis, and all applicable data from my grant. God bless you little thumbdrive. And your resistance to the spin cycle.

2. Doing laundry at the laundromat sucks. Badly. Not only do you have to use the same washing machines as a thousand dreadlocked people (which could probably be avoided if I used a laundromat on the other side of town,) but I also have to sit there and wait for everything to be done. Between going to the bank for cash, carrying my laundry into the laundromat (while wearing 3-inch heels because I went straight from work,) and waiting for the laundry to be finished, it's quite possibly the least entertaining experience possible. Ever.

3. No matter how incredibly cute my new shoes are, they hurt like hell. (Yes Carolyn, I know you expressed your concern about this prior to purchase, but I don't care.) I have faith that they can be broken in, but in the meantime, holy frikkin' crap. Thank God they are really cute. Because otherwise I would have returned them today.

4. The World Cup referees need to be taken out and beaten. Honestly. Italy? Australia? Fair game? I think not. And I am not the only one. There are angry mobs in Sydney. And they're not even drunk, people. They are genuinely angry. As well they should be. The officiating in the world cup this year has been ridiculously unfair and has taken all the fun out of the game. Anytime anyone dives, boom. Foul. Regardless of what actually happened. It's ridiculous, it slows the game down, it's deciding matches, and it must be stopped. I would go into more detail but I don't feel like getting angry. It's almost bedtime.

5. C and I are not horrifically bad at pub trivia. I think that given possibly one or two more teammates (since we were battling teams of about 8-10 for the most part) we could have done even better. As it was, we didn't win last place, so I think we held our own just fine.

6. If you want to have your picture on the wall at my favorite bar, one of the best ways to achieve that goal is to dance on the bar. Actually, I haven't seen any pictures of anyone else doing it, but it worked for my coworker and I. We can now be seen in a Polaroid situated directly beneath the Bailey's Irish Cream. So have a buttery nipple and think of me. :)

7. My coworker that I thought was gay, is not so much. Well, he's partly gay. And partly bi-sexual. Which makes for an interesting combination the drunker he gets. Nuff said.

8. I can not drink as much as I used to. At least I can't without getting sick. Again, nuff said.

9. I can blog somewhat coherently even when drunk. We can call this post, exhibit A. Woo, go me. :) I promised myself I wouldn't drunk dial or email people...so blogging is the next best thing.

10. Registering for the MCAT is almost as boring and mind-numbing as the test itself. It took me an hour to register for the stupid exam. Mainly because after you register but before you can submit the registration, you have to take this stupid questionnaire. Which they said is 135 questions. Really it's 2 million questions, because each question has 100 parts. Honstly, one question says:

"What is your mother's occupation?"
Your choices are: 1. Unemployed or currently seeking employment.
2. Retired.
3. Deceased.
That's it! No option for those parents who are still making a living and God forbid, moving oxygen. So, I just put that she's retired...since she did retire from one job, and then put that she retired from her current job. It was absolutely ridiculous and insanely frustrating. They've been making students take this test, this questionnaire for how long? And how many anal-retentive potential med school students have been through this process? Don't tell me no one has ever pointed out this flaw. Because that would be a lie. They know about it, and they're just too lazy to change it. So, my Mom has to be retired. My Dad would have to be as well...except he really is retired. But still. You get my point.

Okay, going to bed. In the meantime, place your bets. Call in sick tomorrow or actually haul it out of bed and make it to work? (Late as usual.) Only time will tell. Laters! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats