Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Which do you want first...

the good news, or the bad news?

Okay, the good:
"we met up with a reliable source who tells us that OLP will be releasing a Greatest Hits CD and Raine Maida will be putting out a solo project hopefully by next year."
Woo yay, I get to hear more of Raine Maida's voice. I'm excited about that...although the Greatest Hits CD isn't really that much of a bonus for me unless they add some new songs. I think OLP has 6 albums...7 if you count the "Live" cd they released which only has live versions of previously released songs. It's not that hard to get all their cds at a pretty low price. I think I got "Clumsy" from ebay for a quarter. A buck fifty with shipping. A greatest hits album? Really? Already? I guess they need to remind people that they used to kick ass. And now really Raine's voice is the only thing that keeps me hanging on. Also, maybe people will remember the time when Raine practiced personal hygiene and didn't wear the K-Fed hat. They were happier times. Really.
And the bad:
According to this article, Raine and Chantal co-wrote with Cheyenne Kimball on her song "Hanging On." **
"Who the hell is Cheyenne Kimball?" you may be asking yourself. I know I was. And then I figured it out. She is the, what, 13 year old? Maybe? That has her own MTV reality show about making it in the music business. I tuned in for about 5 minutes of an episode probably a week ago. And the girl is having a party where she's talking about not geting to spend enough time with her boyfriend (wah) because she's touring all the time. Her mother is her manager....blah blah blah typical. I hate this girl. Mainly because during the episode I saw her pitch a song to (I presume) her label. She was explaining what it was about and said something to the effect of "it's about like when you're in a relationship and you're like trying to find yourself and stuff and see where this other person like fits in your life. And like, how, like, hard it is. To like, find that balance." Um. A few points.
1. You're 13.
2. You use the word "like" waaaay too much.
3. You should not be taking up valuable airtime.
4. You should not be taking up valuable air.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Dear Raine,
Why do you keep working with all these losers? It's Chantel, isn't it? She's trying to bring you down. Fight the power. She is your K-Fed. I bet she even bought you that hat. I love you, but if you start wearing man-pris, it's over. I'm going to cross my fingers that your solo project blows my mind. Because that would be awesome. Also that you're going to tour in the South. Specifically Birmingham. Because driving all the way to Atlanta to see you sucks.
Love,
Sam

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

HAHAHA.

valuable airtime, valuable air.


-t

Thu Jun 15, 08:22:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats