Wednesday, February 16, 2005

DATA

As promised, a description of my new job-I-wish-I-had! The position is that of Southeastern region campaign coordinator for DATA's ONE campaign. DATA (Debt AIDS Trade Africa) is an organization that focuses on the policy aspect of fighting AIDS in Africa. They work to convince politicians to set their priorities on health, which is something I am totally down with. The ONE campaign is kind of cheesy (ONE person can make a difference, working as ONE we can make a difference, etc.) but I'd still love to work on it. I would be based out of Tennessee, which while not being NY or Chi-town, is farther north than Alabama, and therefore a step in the right direction.

My entire job will be basically a larger scale version of what I did with this conference. It's a grassroots effort trying to get students, schools, and local organizations to meet with their politicians, write letters, and otherwise advocate for responsible health spending...particularly on AIDS in Africa. My only problem with the job is that it only requires a bachelor's degree, meaning I might not make very much money. I'm totally cool with that, but I will need a salary that will cover the cost of relocating to Tennessee (I'm assuming rent there is higher, etc. since AL seems to have some of the cheapest rent in the nation.) I haven't even applied for the job yet, but I'd like to get it. I need to revamp my resume before I apply, so I'll probably not take any action on this til after the conference, but I'll keep everyone posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats