Thursday, April 07, 2005

My body is controlled by music

I woke up way too early, and I turned on Aqualung. I like Aqualung, but their songs are slow. Very sloowwwww. So, I went back to sleep. Then I got up again a few minutes ago, turned them back on, and began to wonder if my computer was spraying tranquilizers in my face. I decided to try something. I switched to a Jamiroquai song (one of the more uptempo ones) and suddenly, I was wide awake. So, I've proven it: My body is controlled by music.

This is kind of cool, but I can see where it could be a liability. Por ejemplo, what if I were to get into a fistfight? Sure, the music that would (undoubtedly) be playing could be something a la "Fight Club" in which case I would totally lay into someone. But what if it's not? What if I get into a fight on an elevator, with only Josh Groban's voice to power my music-driven shell of a body?! I could get hurt! So, I resolve to never go anywhere without my iPod. And to create a new playlist entitled, "Songs to play in case I get in an elevator fight." Always be prepared- that's what my pot-smoking friends in high school taught me (apparently it sucks to be caught without a lighter.) Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats