Monday, August 22, 2005

How to Make Me Happy

Recycle old parking tag colors. Every year UAB milks millions of dollars from its student body in parking tags, and what they don't reap there, they more than compensate for in tickets. Even if you buy a parking tag, chances are you won't have a parking spot because they oversell the lots like hell and you'll still get a ticket. Every year the parking tag looks the same except they change the tag's background color. It was gold three years ago, then green I think, then black. I haven't purchased a parking tag for the past two years because I would rather walk a mile to class than have to pay for parking that I probably won't get anyway. I am pathetic because people in larger cities are paying WAYYYY more than I am in Alabama, but it's the principle of the matter. I think if I pay for a tag I should have a spot with my name on it. NAME I SAY!

So, back to the story. I was walking to class yesterday and while passing a parking lot, I noticed this year's parking tag. It has recycled! It is once again gold! And my lazy ass that never took the parking tag off my rearview mirror over the course of the past two years is now being rewarded!! So today, I came to school five minutes before class, pulled leisurely into a parking spot, and be-bopped across the street to school. Such joy. Take that parking Nazis!!! Muahahaha!!! I know my former and present schoolmates will appreciate the blow I've struck against injustice. Laters!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Whitney and I have a friend who lives in an apartment complex with a gatehouse that makes you stop and phone the person who you're visiting. It's a huge hastle, but fortunately both our cars have stickers that look almost exactly like the stickers they give to their residents. The people at the gatehouse simply wave us through :)

As for campus parking, I agree 100% I'd rather walk a mile in the Florida sun than pay $112/year just to fight over parking spots 1/4 mile from your building. Thank heaven for evening classes :)

Mon Aug 22, 07:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Johnny Sapphire said...

is there a year on those tags? because a friend of mine totally thought the karma gods were smiling on him with the color scheme, but then he got bitch slapped back down to earth with a big orange ticket and a boot.

Wed Aug 24, 07:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

there is a date on them, but it's way at the top, so I can situate the tag so that the tinting at the top of my windshield innocently conceals it. This is day 3 of "Operation Fight the Power" and all's well. :) Appreciate the concern though :)

Wed Aug 24, 02:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats