Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Choir Practice?

The majority of the members of my church choir are over 60 years old. Tonight we had a scheduled rehearsal, but we had very low attendance. The director says, "Where is everybody? We can't do a new song with just 7 people." So the 60 year old woman next to me says, "So, are we having a party?" Director says, "Might as well. We have food and cake left from Oktoberfest on Saturday." Woman says, "Okay, I'll make the beer run." I'm sitting in the music room of my church thinking, "Did that woman just say beer run?" Yes my friends. She did.

So, about 30 minutes later, everyone's enjoying beer, bratwurst, potatoes, kraut, and german chocolate cake (I just had cake...and beer...(s).) And we're discussing Oktoberfest. Specifically we're discussing the woman who got snooty with our very nice, very pregnant choir girl over the matter of a $3 beer.

Choir Girl: "She just started yelling at me about how ridiculous it was to have to pay $3 for a beer."
Pianist Lady: "She yelled at you?"
Blind Guy: "I was there. She yelled at her."
Pianist Lady: "What did she look like?"
Crazy Lady: "Who was she? I'll make a voodoo doll of her."
Choir Girl: "Well, she had short blonde hair. I've seen her before but I don't know her."
Choir Boy: "Hang on, I'll get the directory."
Choir Girl looks intently through the church's pictorial directory
Choir Girl: "There! That's her."
Pianist Lady: "That bitch."
Everyone else: "Let me see."
Crazy Lady: "Is her phone number in there? We'll call her right now. The bitch. Look, she's got kids. She should've just used their tickets to get more beers. It's not like they were gonna use them."

I couldn't believe the cursing from these old people. It was hilarious.

Oh, and the story on Crazy Lady? She has to be about 50 years old. Maybe a bit older. We start talking about organ donation and she tells me that she probably couldn't donate her organs. I of course inquired why not. And she says, "Because I do too many drugs. Plus I don't know what on me they would want to use. pointing to herself Plastic, plastic, plastic. Not much to transplant if you ask me." Also, Blind Guy? He memorizes all the music and sings it on Sunday. And he's hilarious. That dude is the man. Sadly, neither of the gay guys showed up tonight. They're a laugh riot too. That's all for now...laters!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

AHAHAHA
"Blind Guy"
"Pianist Lady"
"Crazy Lady"
HAHAHA

Thu Oct 20, 07:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Johnny Sapphire said...

Where is this choir because that is my kind of church.

Thu Oct 20, 12:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger ge0n said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Oct 25, 09:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

Catholic church in Birmingham, Alabama :)

Tue Oct 25, 02:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats