Thursday, October 06, 2005

New York, New York!

Longtime readers will remember last year's visit to NYC...I went with someone I volunteered with and I had an awesome time. I absolutely fell in love with New York. I mean, anywhere that you can watch a musical, buy knock-off purses, and see a cowboy in his underwear all on the same street- what could be better? Anyways, I'm going to a little stir-crazy to get out of Alabama/the South again soon so I'm trying to plan another trip to New York for the week after finals. I have three friends who are on board for the trip (so far) so I'm checking out hotels and shows and all that jazz. So far I've found the Pan American Hotel, and the La Quinta Inn Queens that are in our price range. (I'm secretly rooting for the Pan American because the La Quinta looks scary.) We're trying to stay for cheap so that we can spend our money on a Broadway show and going out both Friday and Saturday nights. Partay!

I really want to see "Avenue Q" this time. I saw "The Producers" on my last trip, which was good, but it wasn't my favorite. I already own and love the soundtrack to "Avenue Q" and it's what I really wanted to see last time, but my travel companion was a woman who is like a second mother to me and I didn't think her heart could take it ;) Luckily, all my travel companions love "Avenue Q" so I'm sure they'll be on board for the show...provided I can find some good cheaper tickets. Because $115.25 is pretty steep. For that I better see Hugh Jackman in tight gold lamee (sp?) pants.

So, gentle readers- any suggestions of things to do, places to stay, or ways to find cheap Broadway show tickets are welcome :)

PS- we're going around Dec. 8-11th I think...if that helps anyone find me cheaper stuff. ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a suggestion--you may want to make sure you'll have private bathrooms. most affordable new york hotels seem to have shared bathrooms. if you get more than one room and share one b/t you and your friends, it really won't matter but otherwise it could get yucky. anyway the pan american says all have private baths but i didn't see that on the la quinta one (although i may have just overlooked it). good luck

Thu Oct 06, 07:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Tom said...

DO NOT STAY AT LA QUINTA. that's where we stayed during the texas trip. it was not good. do not let anyone talk you into la quinta no matter how cheap it is. LA QUINTA SUCKS.

ask johnny, he'll back me up

Fri Oct 07, 11:45:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, bad news. I have finals until the 14th. Can we move it down a bit?

Fri Oct 07, 06:51:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats