Sunday, December 18, 2005

Dispatches from the Choir

Last we checked in, the choir was drinking beer and eating brats.

Today's episode: really old men acting like children.

Okay, by really old men, I mean literally...72- and 92-year-old men. So let me give you some backstory. The 72-year-old was recently absent from choir for a while because he fell off a ladder and broke several ribs and his pelvis. He returned to the choir two weeks ago, but is still recovering. The 92-year-old is really funny and active. You would never in a million years guess that he's 92. Let's call the 72-year-old Poor Guy and the 92-year-old Obnoxious Guy. You'll see why in a minute. Today, Poor Guy is wearing a suit, complete with red Santa Claus and reindeer socks and suspenders. He was also sporting a grey beard. Obnoxious Guy is short, and already had his choir robes on when I got there. Aaannnddd, scene:

Obnoxious Guy: You look snazzy today!
Poor Guy: Thanks!
Obnoxious Guy: I really like the suspenders. Know why?
Poor Guy: No, why?
Obnoxious Guy: Grabs suspender, pulls it away from Poor Guy's chest, and lets go. Because you can do that! hahaha!
Poor Guy: Ow! laughing slightly
Every Female in the Room: OH MY GOD STOP DOING THAT HE HAS BROKEN RIBS!
Obnoxious Guy: Oh, sorry about that. Is it better on the other side? Proceeds to snap the suspender on the other side. Hahaha!
Poor Guy: Ow! laughing hard now
Obnoxious Guy: I was just messin' with ya. I like the beard too, Santa Claus. slaps Poor Guy on the back
Poor Guy: Oh my God stop hitting me! Choir abuse!!
Every Female in the Room: LEAVE HIM ALONE!! in our minds: ...You psychotic old man

So, I guess it wasn't all that pleasant for Poor Guy, but it was hilarious to watch this old man snap the other guy's suspenders. Like a 6 year old. And then point and laugh when he recoiled in pain.

I sing with a bunch of psychopaths. Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats