Monday, February 27, 2006

Meetings

We had 462 meetings at work today. I mean, one after another. Meeting meeting meeting....lunch....meeting. I wanted to off myself all day. Or at least put on my eyepod. Damn conspicuous ear buds. So, my job is a 9-5...except for the times when I have to work for like 18 hours straight. Whatever. My last job was an 8-5 and I much prefer a 9-5. Today they changed our office hours. Now we have to be there from 8 AM until 5 PM. Why? Because I did something terribly terribly wrong in a past life. That's the only explanation I could come up with.

Also, random observation. My mother and I work for the same organization. We have the same job. We just work in different regions...so I only see my mother at work during these monthly meetings. Today I looked across the table at my mother and realized. My mother is the oldest coordinator at my organization...(possibly, if not probably, ever.) I am the youngest coordinator at my organization...ever. I have become my mother...and way sooner than I had ever imagined. That is so depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats