Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Role Models

When the new director took over at my office, things changed. All of a sudden we had a dress code....we can only wear scrubs on the days that we're on call. Otherwise, ties and slacks and whatever chicks wear in the business environment. (Really, that's what my boss said. My job is rife with opportunity for sue-happy chicks.) And our office hours changed from 9AM to 8AM. Which sucked. And we were expected to come to work everyday unless we've worked the night before. Also, they took away casual Fridays which really made me sad. Because I love wearing blue jeans. So, there were a lot of changes, everyone thought he meant business, we all changed rather quickly.

And then the months wore on. And people...well, certain people...started to test their boundaries. Two of the guys I work with, B and BigB, are notorious for testing the rules. And they are two of my favorite people to work with. Because they're a lot of fun, and they're hilarious, but they're still very good at their jobs. But everyone kind of looks at them warily, and my boss always uses them as the example of what not to do. And I don't think he likes it when I hang out with them...because my boss thinks I'm great. So far. :)

So, last night I went to pub trivia. And I drank a little bit in an attempt to get rid of the cough that's been plaguing me for days. A remnant of the cold from hell that I can't wait to get rid of. In the end it was a temporary fix, but oh well. So, it made it a little hard to get out of bed this morning. The alarm went off, I ignored it and rolled over for a little while longer. When I finally dragged myself out of bed, showered, and tried to figure out what to wear, the effort proved to be too much for me. I decided to just wear scrubs. Even though I'm not on call. Because such was my drowsiness. So, I finally went to work. I walked into the office...30 minutes late...and who's sitting in the glass room right next to the door staring right at me? My boss, B and BigB. And they're all wearing scrubs.

So, I go and put my stuff in my office and come back into the room with them. And my boss walks out without saying anything. As soon as he leaves, B, Big B and I have a conversation.

B: "Thanks for getting us in trouble!"
Me: "What?!"
B: "[The Boss] just told us that we're a bad influence on you."
Me: "Why?"
BigB: "Because you just came in late, we always come in late, and we're all wearing scrubs."
Me: "Aren't you guys on call?"
B: "Nope."

Apparently my boss is on call today. And we're all cold hard busted. But oh well...I'm about to duck out and go shopping with B and BigB. I say if you're already in trouble, make it worth your while. Laters! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats