Friday, October 06, 2006

Sick and Tired

Today is my day off. I had plaaaans for my day off. Glorious plans. I was going to sleep in as long as humanly possible. And then I had a laundry list of things I'd been putting off. "I don't feel like driving all the way to the store (even though it's on my way home) so I'll just buy food Friday." Things of that nature. I was excited. I was going to wake up feeling rejuvenated, and then knock everything off the list. Instead, I feel like I'm going to die. And I can't sleep. Arg.

Last night I went out with one of my friends to "El Cazador." It has the distinction of being our favorite destination for margaritas. But it is certainly not the place to go if you feel like, I dunno, eating. So, I tried to spend the least amount of money possible, and play it safe. Most of their vegetarian options include spinach (which really isn't a no-no right now, but I didn't want to take any chances) so I just got a cheese quesadilla and some guacamole. Simple enough. Their cheese is pretty much some kind of congealed oil (blech), but after your second margarita, you kind of move past that. We ate, I got home, watched some television, all that jazz. Went to bed probably around 11, and by 1 the nightmare had begun.

No, really. I had this insane nightmare for the part of the night that I wasn't awake hurling my guts out. I was in Dodger stadium (I really want them to win the World Series, but it's probably not going to happen) watching a game, and Jim Carrey from "Dumb and Dumber" is sitting next to me. And he's staring at me, and I (as usual) smile at the creepy guy. And from that point on he thinks I'm his girlfriend. And he follows me around the ball park, and he tries to kiss me, and it's really creepy. Blech. So I was kind of relieved when I woke up. Not so relieved when I realized it was 4 in the morning and I was awake because I was sick. Soooo sick. And all I could think was "Is there spinach in guacamole? Do I have e. Coli? What's the incubation time for e. Coli? I know I have that in one of these books. Oh wait, no time to find book, too busy vomiting." It wasn't pretty.

After a couple hours, my stomach settled down. I felt like I was sore from having the crap beat out of me, instead of feeling like I was being actively used as a punching bag. Which was a step in the right direction. So, I decided to go back to sleep around 6 AM. La la la sleep, BAM. TAPPA TAPPA TAPPA. CRASH. ZING! (Well, there weren't any zings, but I thought it'd add a little flavor.) My new management company (who decreased my rent payment God bless them) has also decided to put a new roof over my head. Which is nice, since there is water damage in my apartment that the last company fixed by painting over. It's not so nice; however, when there are 20 dudes walking around, tap dancing, hammering, and laughing their asses off in Spanish above your head at 7 AM. Makes it awful hard to sleep in. Also, hard to laugh cause I don't speak Spanish. It's also nice that they've conveniently parked their little dumpster directly beneath my balcony. I can hear the crash of the shingles every two seconds, and I even have a few bonus shingles that have fallen onto my balcony to keep as souvenirs.

So, it's 10 AM. And I really want to sleep. But there's soo much noise. So, I should probably get up and work on the list. Arg. Stupid day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats