Monday, September 18, 2006

Brilliant!

I went out to my favorite pub on Friday night. Ordered a Guinness, and then sat out on the patio with C and a couple of her friends. One of her friends was a nice guy who bought our drinks the rest of the night. Very nice of him. Of course, in all the free-drinkery I forgot that I had started a tab. And accordingly forgot to close the tab upon departure. When I got home I realized what I'd done and called my friend who's a bartender/bouncer at the pub. Left him a voicemail to please find my card and watch over it and prevent the mandatory gratuity from being added for the overnight stay. (Although 20% of $4.50 really isn't that big of a deal.) I went to pick up the card on Saturday evening, but arrived too early and the bar had yet to open. I was too lazy to venture out again that night, so I just trusted my friend had gotten the card and decided to get it Monday. (You can't buy alcohol on Sundays...welcome to the Bible Belt, people.)

So, today after work I stop at the pub. And my friend asks what he can get me. "Um, my credit card?" "Oh, is that why you called the other night?" "Yeah, didn't you get my message?" "Nope." Oh great. So, he goes through all the credit cards. Doesn't see mine. Goes through all the receipts. Doesn't see mine. Uh oh. So, I went home and checked for bandit-spending on my credit card...so far so good. I'm pretty sure that the bar has the card and just overlooked it in the search. I'm going to hold out til tomorrow and see if the charge pops up for the beer...confirming that they are, in fact, in possession of my card. But as it stands, my credit card is lost.

Leave your credit card at the pub after just one beer?! BRILLIANT!!*

*Man I am such an idiot sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats