Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Today has been so frikkin' long. It's cold and pouring down rain outside. The only people left in the office are my bosses and I. And I'm eating what I brought for breakfast, for lunch. And it was not a filling breakfast people. Also, I'm still hacking my lungs out and am getting pretty sick of it. Honestly that Mucinex commercial is a bunch of malarkey.

So, earlier I decided to go shopping with B and BigB. Well, it turns out that it was just B and I. A little background on B...I think I've mentioned him on this blog before as the "office casanova." He frequently dates (read: sleeps with) coworkers, nurses, service-industry representatives, and basically anything that moves. I guess he's good looking, but he's short and stocky and I don't see the appeal. Plus the whole man-whore thing. But whatever. So, since everyone knows about him, everyone is constantly teasing me about when I'm going to date him. (Read: never.) Simply because I'm the only one who hasn't. (Again, my place of employment is the poster-business for sexual harassment lawsuits.) So, if I spend any time with him, rumors start. My boss already doesn't put us on call together because she hates him and doesn't want us near each other (she really likes me.)

So, he and I were going shopping. Our boss decided that he was going to be nice and as kind of an office Christmas gift is going to buy us all jackets. Nice ones. With a fleece liner and outer waterproof shell and a hood. (I doubt it ends up happening because these jackets are ridiculously expensive, but it was nice of him.) So, he asked B to price them out. B asked me if I wanted to go with. When faced with my options 1. shop for jackets for a while or 2. sit in the office for a while, I think the choice was basically made for me. So, B and I leave...drive to a few different places pricing out these really expensive jackets. No one knows I've gone with him...we just kind of left. So, we're going to yet another store, and he says that he needs to stop by his house to email someone some pictures. "Do you mind if we stop by my house real quick?" So, I say sure and we stop at his house. We are getting out of the car, he grabs his keys, locks the van, and I shut my door. Right as he's saying "Don't shu..." Turns out he's grabbed his housekeys, but not the key to the company van. Good job.

So, we are at his house. With the keys locked in the van. And the only spare key in my boss's office. Oh yeah. This looks good. So, we call BigB and ask him to discreetly bring us the keys. He shows up about 30 minutes later. Turns out there was no discrete about it. Our boss who keeps the keys in his office (and who wouldn't have cared) was gone. And BigB had to get the lower boss (that hates B) to open the office and give us the keys. And she'd seen us leave together. Also, B has a really big mouth. So I'm sure the rumors will start flying soon. This stupid office. Oh well...I guess it'll be something to keep me entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats