Sunday, February 20, 2005

Because I'm Not a Vampire!

I went home this weekend- I really needed to take a break (I know I say that all the time.) It was nice to be home and spend time with my sisters. There's never a dull moment in my house.
Por ejemplo, this is what happened yesterday morning-

Scene: Jessica and I are in the bathroom. She is drying my hair for me (a wretched task which I despise.) Michaela Jo (my youngest sister who everyone else calls Michaela but I call Jo) comes knocking at the door.

KNOCK KNOCK
Jessica: Who is it?
Michaela: It's me, Michaela!
Jessica: What do you want Michaela?
Michaela: I want to come in!
Jessica: No. Go away.
Michaela walks in.
Samantha: Jo, you look so pale!
Michaela: Uh uh!
Samantha: Uh huh. You look like a vampire.
Jessica: Michaela, GET OUT!!!
Samantha: Jo, Jessica is afraid of vampires.
You're gonna have to leave you little bloodsucker.
Michaela leaves.
KNOCK KNOCK.

Jessica: (tiredly) Who is it?
Michaela: It's me, Erin!
Jessica: Michaela, we know it's you.
Michaela: No! It's me Erin!
Jessica: Why should we let you in?!
Michaela: Because I'm not a vampire.
Samantha & Jessica fall over laughing.

Other weekend highlights included going out with Erin and her friends to a redneck restaurant. I heard the phrase "scarf down them vittles" used in a sentence without the intention of mocking someone. Frightening. My sisters and I played volleyball, catch, hot potato, and "stuff Jenny's blue jeans with grass" which was a lot of fun. My parents have contracted the illness that I was plagued with a couple weeks ago, so they were both on the verge of death all weekend. However, my father did feel better long enough to wrap his blanket around his neck like a cape and dance in front of the window when Jessica's date came to pick her up on Friday night. I was also nice enough to rifle through the lad's car. (I still don't approve of anyone who frequents McDonald's....and accumulates THAT many wrappers in his floorboard.)
So overall, an eventful weekend as always. I miss living at the asylum...I mean, home. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats