Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Talent Show

If someone had said that while I was sitting there I would have turned and said, "Talent?! Where?!?!?" because it certainly wasn't on the stage. One of my friends made it into the talent show, so the public health envoy had to come and show some support. Thank God his band went first because we were able to leave at intermission. I had never seen his band before and I thought they were pretty good. I especially admired his funky dance moves. (I'm a sucker for boys shakin' it.) However, the rest of the performers left quite a bit to be desired.

All the singers went with slow boooorrrinnnggg ballads. The dancers sucked. There were some Indian girls that were doing this "Indian Fusion" that was supposed to blend traditional Indian dance with modern moves. Their dancing was great, but there was no fusion. That stuff was straight-up Indian dancing. Trust me- I have made it my business to become an Indian song and dance aficionado. I do so love Indian music and dancing. :)

Finally there was a group of hip-hop dancers. There was one dude, who happened to be about 4' tall, that was completely into it and getting down like there was no tomorrow. I think he should have performed solo, because his 3 groupmates were terrible. They weren't into it, they weren't on step, and they weren't doing the moves the right way. He made it look cool, they made it look like they were cranking up the lawnmower and doing the cabbage patch. It was really not hot. So, to summarize, I have no idea who won but I hope it was my friend's group...because he was the best. Anyone that can get up there and dance like that in a sweater he borrowed from Mr. Rogers deserves the money. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger mance01 said...

It shouldn't. It just means that the judges had incredibly poor taste. Trust me, that's what it was. It was truly evidenced by their choice of emcees. They were HORRIBLE.

Fri Feb 25, 02:05:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats