Sunday, May 15, 2005

Clubs for Boys Who Love Boys

So..I went to two gay bars/clubs tonight. On one hand, it was good times. My best friend and his boyfriend are gay, so they wanted to go to these places and I accompanied them. In return, they danced with me, entertained me, bought me drinks, paid cover charges, and overall did a great job of keeping me from wishing I was at a straight club. On the other hand, I was sad. And it's sad to be sad at a gay club. Cause people in the club are so happy! They have drinks and they have their boyfriends/girlfriends, and they have some kickin' music. What more could they want?!? What more could I want?!? As a single, straight person, I could want a heterosexual man. That's what.

The thing about gay clubs is that they're full of men. Very very attractive men. Very attractive men that do not want to have the least to do with me. Because I am a lady (probably for other reasons as well, but for now, let's narrow it down to sexual orientation.) And several of them have a man. So there I am. A single heterosexual female. It kind of busts into your good times. It shouldn't, but sometimes it does. Because you look around and you think, "Man, that dude with a mohawk is so smokin' hot. But he is gay. And has a boyfriend. And doesn't want you." And so you continue to drink and dance with your friend-couple. Which is kind of sad too, cause you start to feel like maybe you should leave them alone because they would have a better time if they could just dance with each other instead of having that stupid female hanging around their neck. (By no means do they give me this impression, I'm just paranoid.)

So then you go and sit at a table by yourself, and start to ponder your lot in life. And you realize, if your biggest problem is wanting a man while you're drunk as hell at a gay club on a Saturday night, you're probably doing alright. So yay reality. You win again :) Time to sleep off the partay. G'night! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm.
Someone feels a little sorry for themselves when they get drunk.
Someone is going to feel even sorrier for themselves when they're innundated with phone calls from loser boys who google "pitiful" and "vulnerable".
I highly recommend an update.

Mon May 16, 09:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

lol :)

Mon May 16, 10:36:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats