Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Scandalous

Found out the dirt on cute new guy at work. He's not single. In fact, he's very involved. In a scandalous way. I asked him why he came to our place to work the first time I met him. He told me that his parents went to church with our associate director, Ben*, and that Ben had recommended him for a position. I said, "Oh, okay" and went on with my life. Ohhhh....so naive I am. I was out on a case over the weekend with a couple of my coworkers, and the new guy came up in the conversation. My co-worker Ryan* said, "You know how he got this job, don't you?" I said, "Yeah, his parents go to church with Ben." Ryan said, "Mmmhmm. That's what his mama told him to say!"

Okay, here's where it gets confusing, but not really if you pay attention. I asked how he really got the job. Apparently, Ben is dating a chick that works under him, Suzy*. And Cute New Guy is dating Suzy's daughter. Which makes him very indirectly associated with Ben. Nonetheless, Ben got him this job. Probably to impress his girlfriend Suzy. Damn. What tangled webs they weave. And apparently Cute New Guy (who's about to graduate college) told Ryan that now that he's graduating "chicks just want to get married. I don't want to get married, I just want to mess around." Classy, eh? So now there's a new way to get a job. Doin' the boss's girlfriend's daughter. Seems like a pretty roundabout way to do it, but whatever works I guess. Laters!

* Names have been changed to protect the guilty. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats