Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Return of Creepy Neighbor Guy

I know you guys have been wondering what happened to super-creepy neighbor guy, so I thought I'd reintroduce his character to the play that is my life. A few weeks ago, in a desperate attempt to open a beer bottle, I knocked on his door and borrowed a bottle opener. I took Richard with me, for a number of reasons (4 to be exact.)
1. He really wanted to see if this guy was hideous, had a third eye, something like that.
2. I told him to come with me because I didn't want to be near that guy alone.
3. We both wanted to stare into his apartment (as he has stared into mine, oh-so-many times.)
4. We both wanted to be able to open beer bottles.

So, we knock on creepy neighbor's door. And he opens it, reacts favorably to our bottle opener request, and goes to retrieve said item leaving the door open. The following is an inventory of what we could survey during our 30 seconds of intense staring.

1. Giant stuffed alien wizard (this discovery took precious staring time away, as Richard and I had to look at each other and communicate that "yes, this dude truly is weird," with our eyes.)
2. Giant beanbag...serving as alien wizard's throne.
3. Multiple gaming systems. Not stowed away nicely...but rather sprawled in front of the television....many cords all around the room.
4. A large bookshelf. Filled with DVDs and Star Trek books.

However, he did have a nice bottle opener/cork screw which we took with gratitude. He said for me to bring it back anytime, and I replied that I would bring it back when he brought back my DVD that he had borrowed (2 months ago!) He came over about a week later and we made our prisoner swap.

So tonight, I'm watching the "Law & Order: CI" season finale...and all night I'm craving chocolate. Actually, all week I've been craving chocolate. But tonight, I had to give in. I waited for a commercial and then I motored as quickly as possible to the nearest grocery establishment (read: Piggly Wiggly.) Got some soy milk (to assure myself that I didn't go to the grocery store just to fetch a half gallon of ice cream) and a half-gallon of rocky road. Mmmmm. I'm parking and rushing back to my apartment, when there he is. Super-creepy neighbor guy.

Creepy Neighbor: "oooh, hello. What are you doing out so late?"
Samantha: "Satisfying an ice cream craving" (secretly edging toward apt. in desperate attempt to not miss L&O:CI)
CN: "So, what kind of ice cream did you get?"
Sam: "Rocky Road"
CN: "oooh, I looove rocky road."
Sam: "uh huh...me too." (hand on apt. doorknob)
CN: "oh, but don't tell me that. Don't tell me you have my favorite ice cream. I don't want to go all the way to the store to get some. But now I'm craving it!"
Sam: "Hahaha. Bye." (door closed, deadbolted, and chained.)

Look, CN. There is no flippin' way that I'm inviting you into my apartment for ice cream!
A. You're creepy!
B. It's my ice cream that I plan to eat right out of the carton. That's right people. I live alone. Right. Out. Of. The. Carton. (judge me if you must.)
C. You're totally cuttin' into my Law & Order. And dude, that's the epitome of uncool.

So that's your creepy neighbor update for this evening. I'll keep you posted :) Laters!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, your can opener probably has a bottle opener attachment.

Wed Jun 01, 12:34:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats