Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Head Over Feet

Tonight. What can I say about tonight? Well, it was eventful. Let's put it that way. Earlier in the day, I went and got a haircut...which I really like because it's short and light and breezy and makes me happy. I was watching the Smallville finale tonight and someone called me. They needed me at work. So I finished up Smallville and headed off to work. I get to work and there are three guys in the command center...two guys I know and work with, and one guy I've never seen before. The mystery guy turns out to be a new guy they hired and will be going with us on the case. Samantha is happy about this. As soon as I walk in the door, the guys I know start freaking out about my hair. They love it and they're making a big deal about it, and what girl doesn't enjoy that? Especially in front of the new guy. Because did I mention? The new guy is hot.

The new guy is young. And hot. And has nice arms. And TALL (which several of you know is my #1 favorite thing in the world.) The new guy actually may be younger than me, but not by much and at this point in my life, I really don't care. So, we go on the case, I show the new guy all kinds of fun tricks. I stare at him a lot, so when I see that he's confused about something, I go ahead and explain whatever it is to him. He responds by smiling and saying, "You read my mind." I didn't want to respond with, "No...I just keep checking you out." So I decided to just smile back. Keep in mind...I don't want to date this kid...I just enjoy flirting with him. Because, did I mention? He's hot.

And here's where you learn why Samantha is perpetually date-less. We're leaving work, and we're carrying some of our equipment down some stairs. New boy grabs one side of a large piece of equipment, and I grab the other. We start to go down the stairs (Samantha walking backwards) and what do I do? Oh yes. Yes I do. I fall. Backwards. Down the stairs. In front of new boy. Not only that, I usually get right up after I fall and shake it off and pretend like nothing happened. Nope. Of course, this would be the night that I actually hurt myself. One of my co-workers had to give me a piggy-back ride to the van. I knew I was going to hurt myself at work eventually, but I honestly didn't see a fall down the stairs coming. So, I limped around the rest of the night...the team leader had to file an incident report, and I have a huge knot on my leg where it hit a concrete stair. I swear. I have no manner of luck at all. Laters.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you know what? It's okay.
People like it when you show a little bit of vulnerability.
The fact that you can go with the moment and take the other side of the equipment reflects your independent and capable personality.
The fact that you fell and accepted a piggyback ride shows that you aren't perfect, have a sense of humor, and some sense.
It's all good.
He's hot.
He sounds like he likes you.
Next time you fall, he's going to be the one giving you a piggy back ride. And you'll be so high up in the air, it won't just be lust making you dizzy.

And I guess you don't want to go walking after I get off work, you poor thing.

Thu May 19, 06:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Tom said...

I agree with the previous comment.
also,

hehehehehehe

Thu May 19, 08:18:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats