Friday, May 20, 2005

From the mouths of babes

Overheard at Star Wars matinee yesterday...two little boys (max age 10..probably 8 or 9) talking before the film starts. And...scene!
boy #1: She is too your girlfriend!
boy #2: Who?!
boy#1: Hilary Duff! You said she was the prettiest girl you ever saw!
boy #2: Nuh uh! Hilary Duff is the ugliest girl even in the whole world!
boy #1: That's not what you said earlier.
boy #2: *smiling ever so slightly* I never said I liked her!
boy #1: Oh! Look! Look at that face! You're smiling! Because you like her! Because you want to kiss her!
boy #2: Eeew!! Gross!!! I wouldn't want to kiss her even if I did like her!
boy #1: Man. You're right. That's gross. Sorry. Let's watch Star Wars.
Don't you miss the time when all of your sentences were punctuated with exclamation points? I mean, mine still are...I was talking about you. :) Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats