Saturday, July 30, 2005

Finally!


Henna6
Originally uploaded by mance01.
I finally got the pictures of my hands all henna-d up. Still no pictures of me looking like a nut dancing around in a sari, but I'm working on it. The henna on the back of my hands is pretty much gone now (thank you surgical scrub) but you can still make it out a little bit on my palms. They say the darker your henna is the more your husband loves you. My non-existant husband must love me a lot. :)

Reactions to the henna have included: This guy I work with saw my hands and said, "What is that!? Looks like some devil shit all over your hands!" and I said, "No, it's because I was in an Indian wedding." "Oh, must be some voodoo shit then."

Others have said it looked cool.

One of my good friends saw the dot pattern on the back of one of my hands (see photos) and said he thought I had "the funk." I don't know what medical condition "the funk" refers to, but I was mildly amused by his assertion.

Sorry a couple of the pics are kind of blurry...my 10-year-old sister took some of them and digital photography doesn't seem to be her forte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats