Monday, January 09, 2006

Texas: Honky Tonkin' Edition

Thursday night. What can I say about Thursday night? Or a more valid question, what can I remember about Thursday night? And the answer is, not a whole lot. But thanks to C and my phone-a-friend I've managed to piece it together. Feel free to add or correct guys.

Thursday night C and I went to the world's largest honky tonk. Country music, line dancing, the works. I went with the full intention of getting druuuunk. All I can say is, mission accomplished. We arrived at Billy's (I think that's the name of the place) pretty early...after meandering through the Fort Worth Stockyards. (Do you guys know what calf fries are?!? Who eats those?) We had to pay $1 to get into the honky tonk, which was awesome. You walk in and this place has everything. Pool tables, dance floor, mechanical bull, and a bull ring where they have REAL BULLS YOU CAN RIDE (people are so crazy), plus liquor and bathrooms. What more could you want?

We arrived early mainly to take advantage of the line-dancing lessons being offered at 7 o'clock. We get on the dance floor and are easily 40 years younger than anyone else there. We were dancing with grannies (really, look in the background.) Specifically at least one granny named Carlene. Who was not a fan of my beer-in-hand dance style. Regardless, C and I became line-dancing superstars (yeah right) and had a great time. Over time more and more young people started to arrive. C and I went back to the bar...one of many trips that night (particularly for me because poor C had to drive and keep me from poor decision-making.)

I don't remember much of the rest of the night, but I can tell you that C was hit on by a guy named "Little Bitch", at one point I got freaked out because I thought I didn't have a reflection (turns out there was just no mirror over the bar), I sang a very spirited rendition of "Sweet Home Alabama" while dragging C across the dancefloor and yelling "Roll Tide Roll!", I flirted with a cowboy while insulting him to my friend on the phone (obviously I didn't mind him THAT much...of course, neither did C), and I gave C's guano-covered car a massage.

OH! And then, when we got back to C's place, I decided that it would be a greeeeaattt idea to wrestle with the 90-pound Rottweiler. Who thought it would be a greeeaatt idea to step on my face. So, we both carried out our plans and when it was over I had a 3 inch scratch across the face. GENIUS. C comes in dumbstruck. My face is bleeding and I'm lying on the floor with the dog. This is why she cannot leave me alone when I've been drinking. Poor decisions. That's my thing.

So, that's it for the Texas posts (God knows it took me long enough)...AWESOME trip....highly recommend :) Now back to your regularly scheduled posting. laters!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

no mention of "LLllloooooors - oh wait that's Coors Light" or the bare-assed bear? What gives?

Wed Jan 18, 11:57:00 AM PST  
Blogger mance01 said...

Hahahahaha....I KNEW I'd forget stuff! Of course, I never remembered that stuff in the first place. For all I know, you're making it up. :-p

Wed Jan 18, 12:23:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats