Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Let Me Die

Phone ringing
Samantha: (sleepily) Hello?
Jessica: Hey! Can I come stay with you tonight?
Samantha: Sure.
Jessica: Are you asleep?
Samantha: Yeah...I worked all night. Got home a couple hours ago. Soooo sleepy.
Jessica: Oh, I'm sorry. Okay, go to sleep.
Samantha: Okay, see you in a little while.
Recedes back into coma

Phone ringing...5 mins later
Samantha: Ughhh...Hello?
Dad: Hey! Whatcha doin'?
Samantha: Sleeping.
Dad: Oh...did you work last night?
Samantha: Uh huh.
Dad: Where did you go?
Samantha: All over the planet.
Dad: What did you do?
Samantha: My job. (inwardly: and for the love of all that is good and holy could you please hang up the phone?)
Dad: Wanna talk to your Mom?
Samantha: Not really. Sleepy. Want go sleep.
Dad: Just a sec, I'll get her for you.
Samantha: Please just let me die.
Mom: Hello?
Samantha: Hi Mom.
Mom: Did you work last night?
Samantha: Yes.
Mom: Where did you go?
Samantha: All over.
Mom: What did you do?
Samantha: Not much.
Mom: Well, you better go to sleep. Get some rest in case you get called out again.
Samantha: Great idea Mom. (to myself, holy GOD I WOULD BE ASLEEP IF YOU PEOPLE WOULD QUIT FRIKKIN' CALLING ME AND KEEPING ME ON THE PHONE!!!!! AUGHHH!!)
Gets out of bed and throws things.


So now, I'm wide awake...because these last calls were actually the 3rd and 4th in a rapid succession...but the first two people got off the phone as soon as I said I worked all night. My family knows no such bounds. I know, I should turn my phone off, but my job has gotten to where they call me on the phone instead of using my pager, so I really can't.

Also, I promise a super-amazo update on my trip....really. I just haven't had a chance to write it yet, because one of my sisters spent the whole weekend with me, I worked all night last night, and now Jessica's coming up. Never fear though- it's coming. Complete with Flickr photo album! WOO!! Laters :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats