Sunday, July 31, 2005

It's a Saturday night, I guess that makes it alright...

To stab people. Holy crap. I had to work last night, and let me tell you- last night was the night to piss someone off who's holding a sharp object. We were waiting for an operating room at a hospital, and they kept coming in saying they had emergency traumas coming up before us. So, I'm standing in the hallway waiting for my patient when a neurosurgeon walks up and speaks to the charge nurse.

Surgeon: Where's the guy with the knife in his head?
Nurse: He's not here yet.
Surgeon: Well, they just got on the elevator with an empty bloody cart, so where's my patient?
Nurse: That's the guy who was stabbed in the subclavian.
Surgeon: Right, and he has a knife in the head.
Nurse: No, the knife in the head is a different patient. This other guy was just stabbed in the neck.
Surgeon: Oh. *wanders away in search of a dude with a knife sticking out of his head*
Nurse: *under her breath* Dumbass.

He did eventually find his patient and bring him to the OR. I don't know who this guy irritated but holy crap whoever it was stuck him for real. Giant knife in his head...all but the handle. And he was stable! How you're stable when your brain is being tickled by metal is beyond me....but I'm not a stabbing victim so I guess there's the disconnect. Anyways...it was a wild night in surgery...just thought I'd share. Laters!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I used to volunteer in a hospital E.R. on Saturday mornings -- I usually got there around 9:00, which was about the same time they were usually finishing up with Friday Night's shootings/stabbings/car crashes, so everybody was always totally burned out and grumpy. Luckily things were never THAT exciting while I was there. Anyway, your story just reminded me of all that :)

Sun Jul 31, 03:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger The King of Kerwood said...

I'm glad I wasn't eating anything when I read that blog.

Mon Aug 01, 10:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

haha....next time I'll put a warning at the top :)

Mon Aug 01, 10:31:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats