Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Grand Day Off

It was 80 degrees outside yesterday....gorgeous. And I had the day off. So, I slept until about 2:30 in the afternoon (a great start to any day) and was ready for the day about 4 PM. C and I decided to go to dinner. We went to this local restaurant that is very popular with the homosexual crowd. So, when we got a hot waiter, we weren't really sure about his sexual orientation. But, it didn't matter. He was pretty. Everytime he'd come around Carolyn would stop talking and just stare. At one point he dropped off the checks and said "Here you go sweetie" to her. Aaaand that was it. C was totally disoriented. Disoriented enough to leave her keys in the booth when we left. (Or was it all a clever ruse to go back and gawk at the waiter? Oooh...twisty.)

So, we decide to go get a drink. Yes, I know, not supposed to drink on call. But, I called the guy I was working with last night and he was going to take all my calls anyway. So woo drinks! We went to this local place that has a patio because for the love of mike it was 80 degrees outside yesterday. So nice. Had a Guinness, called R and S to come over and drink with us. They joined us and said they could only stay for one round because they had to meet K and G over at Silvertron for dinner at 6:30. (Yes, I started drinking at 5 PM yesterday.) So, at the mention of Silvertron, we had to launch into a discussion of Ben, the hot waiter. R and S were excited at the prospect of seeing him and invited us to join them. We decided that since a. C had probably left her keys there b. all our friends were going c. they have a full bar and d. the waiter might still be there, we would go.

So, we went back to Silvertron. Met up with everybody, had some more drinks, C and I split a Bailey's Brownie and the waiter was still there. C turned her chair so that she could unabashedly stare at the boy. Our dinner companions all assured us that the waiter was gay, but that didn't deter C (who also thought he was gay.) He caught her staring several times and smiled at her. Still, she did not turn away. It was hilarious. So, good times had by all, time to go. We're walking out the door. R and S went first, then C and I, with K and G bringing up the rear. As we're walking to the door, C noticed that the hot waiter is right next to her waiting a table. Like, she could reach out and touch him. And she turns her head as she walks. I mean, it turns so far behind her it's like she's having a moment out of The Exorcist. She's staring. And walks right into the door. Straight up walks into the door. I, a little tinnyy bit buzzed, laugh. Loudly. People in Tokyo are wondering what the hell was so funny. So of course, hot waiter and the rest of the restaurant turn and look. Poor C. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time.

Then I came home, decided I wasn't done drinking. So I kept drinking. And I called a couple people...including my parents. So, um, if I called and rambled at you last night, sorry. :-p

Which brings us to this morning. I don't feel well. I think I normally sleep through this part of a hangover. I'm guessing this is why adults don't drink on weeknights. I have to go to work in ten minutes and I am so nauseated. Stupid job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats