Friday, May 12, 2006

Online

I now have the internet back in my apartment. Apparently I had it all along and just didn't realize because I didn't try to hook up the modem. So, woo! Back to iTunes and all that jazz.

Last night we went out for Carolyn's graduation. We went to dinner at a place called Cocina Superior which is right next door to a couple of very expensive restaurants. So, of course, I arrive in some capri pants, tank top, and flip flops. Luckily, the place was not a very expensive place at all. It looked fancy, but it wasn't. Awesome food...I had fish tacos (tilapia..mmmm.) Really horrible margaritas. I'm hard-pressed to find a margarita I won't drink. And last night I found one.

So, we went to Innisfree afterward for the law school party. I don't know if it was because I was sober or because law school people are boring, but sweet jesus. Law school people seem really boring. Luckily my coworker E (one that I really like) was at the bar with her boyfriend. She was druuuunk, and hilarious. She's the only other person at work that's my age. So we try to stick together.

At one point she walks over to C and I at the bar:
E: "Oh my God you guys, those girls with the bachelorette party are total bitches!"
C: "What did they say to you?!?"
E: "I was trying to get past them to get to the bathroom and one of them was like asking me what I had to say to them! I told them I had to go to the bathroom and what I had to say was that she was a bitch and God help the man that's marrying her!"
At this point, C (who has absolutely no attention span due to her lack of sobriety) leans behind E and grabs this guy by the shirt so he can reach the bar. C asks him what he's doing there (I guess she knew him. Hopefully she did. Since she was grabbing him.)
Random guy: "I'm here with my fiance."
E: "OH! I'm so sorry! But she was being a bitch! But I'm sure you two will be very happy together. Congratulations!"
The voice in my head: hahahahahahhahahahahaha

The other highlight of the evening was Carolyn. And her drunkenness. And her concern about alcohol poisoning.

She probably asked me about 10 times over the course of the night:
C: "Samantha, am I going to get alcohol poisoning?"
Me: "No dear."
C: Perkily "Okay!"

She had 6 shots. In pretty rapid succession. And she's little. Really little. I suppose I was being a bad friend. When your tiny friend has had 5 shots, is holding a sixth, looks at you with trust in her eyes and asks "Samantha, should I drink this?" As a good friend who has a little medical background and a lot of firsthand drinking experience, I should have said "no." Instead I counter with, "Hell yes you should drink it! The man just handed you a shot! Geez Carolyn!" And the second after she drank it, I knew instantly that was it for her. She was siiiick. She did not look good. I was really hoping to see Carolyn crazy drunk. But Carolyn drunk is really pretty much the same as Carolyn sober, with more memory lapses and less attention span. Still, it was good. She's always my designated driver, so I was glad to finally return the favor. Although I probably owe her about 25 more nights like last night to even start to let her catch up. Man.

So, C spent the night on my couch with a trashcan by her side and her monster dog slept out on the balcony. This morning we went to breakfast at Pancake House (woo potato pancakes!) and now I'm sitting around enjoying my day off, with my newly restored internet, and I'm contemplating shopping. I need some stuff for the new apartment. Like a lamp. So I can see at night by something other than the glow of my GIANT TELEVISION. Hahaha. Okay, I'm out. Laters!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

lol...it's all right, the random guy I grabbed was Brian, and he was here for the lawschool party, not the bachelorette party -- "Use it wisely."

Fri May 12, 02:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

Whew :) i'm sure Elizabeth will be happy to hear it. Although she didn't seem that concerned about the whole exchange :-p

Fri May 12, 03:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats