Thursday, May 11, 2006

Update

So I got a new office. Which means that I might start blogging from work. Exciting stuff huh? :)

Many new and exciting things. So, a list!

1. Finally found a new apartment. Woo!! My new place is massive. (At least compared to the 50 square feet of space I'd been living in for the past two years.) It has a living room, a dining room, a kitchen, 1 and a half bathrooms, a laundry room, and a balcony. I don't know what to do with all the space. Possibly fill it with furniture. As it is now, my dining room table is the cart that the television used to sit on. Which brings me to my next item.

2. I bought a new television. The new television is about twice the size of my old television. 24 inches babay..woo! AND MY NEW PLACE INCLUDES CABLE. I haven't had cable in 3 years. I was initially really excited about the cable, but it's going to take some adjustment. It's strange to hit the remote and have new channels continuously pop up. Before it was 4 channels and then mucho static. It's great.

3. I got my car fixed. This is a less exciting item on the list. Not because I didn't need the a/c...I did. The problem was the way in which it was done. As reported in my last post, I got a ridiculous estimate for car repair from the Goodyear place here in Birmingham. So, when I went to my parents house the other day, Dad said "I'll just run it up to the dealership in town and see what they have to say." He said that it would be much cheaper for them to take care of everything. So, he went up there, got an estimate, and sure enough the estimate was about $200 cheaper than here in Birmingham to get the a/c and the radiator fixed. So, I left the car with him and borrowed my mother's company car to get back to Birmingham. The next day my father calls to tell me the car is finished and ready to be picked up. He has the invoice ready for me. The Goodyear place quoted me about $750 for the fix, the hometown place quoted $530. Dad called and said my bill was $975. WTF. "Oh, they had to fix this and this and this and this." Uh huh. So, my Dad got suckered and I'm paying the bill. Damn it.

4. Tom came to visit. He was actually on the plane when I found my new apartment, and I signed the lease right before going to pick him up. So, poooor Tom had to help me move. And he had to put up with my Dad being pretty impolite to him. It was a pretty roller-coaster visit for him I'd have to guess. He had to help me move, but the next night we went to two concerts. We saw Sister Hazel, Gin Blossoms, Cowboy Mouth, and a local band called Lynam all in one night. It was great. Then the next day he had to sit through my friend Steven's graduation (snore) but we went to a graduation party that night and then watched "The Ring" (TERRIFYING.) Sunday we watched MI:3 which was actually really really good despite Tom Cr-azay starring in it and then bought my big new TV and some movies. Monday we went to Atlanta and saw the "Bodies" exhibit which was pretty cool (although if you can see "BodyWorlds" instead, definitely opt for it....way more bodies...really cool.) We came back by way of the longest route back from Atlanta ever and stopped at my parents house. My little sisters "love" Tom and my Mom seemed to think he was nice. Dad was still not happy, but I've kind of decided to not worry about it. Cause he's being a pain in the neck. Tuesday we didn't do much. Took Tom back to the airport. And then his stupid flight got delayed by the weather, he missed his connecting flight, and he had to spend the night in Baltimore. Instead of an extra night in Birmingham. (Dear Southwest, I retract my love for you. You suck.)

So now, I'm in my new apartment. Things are almost all unpacked. It seems really empty.

Tonight, going out with C. Because today, she finished law school. God knows she deserves to get drunk as hell tonight. And I will be her enabler. It's going to be good times :) Laters!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Good update. "Impolite" is a good word for it.

Also, good luck getting drunk.

BAM

Thu May 11, 09:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Johnny Sapphire said...

i love the part where your dad was mean to tom. love it.

Fri May 12, 07:46:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

body worlds was at the philadelphia museum of art. i have to say, after seeing the exhibit and almost knocking down one of the plastinates, i can say with much conviction that Gunther von Hagen is one fucked up dude.

Fri May 12, 09:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it John, I was pretty much mortified. :-p

As for BodyWorlds, yeah...where he got the idea for it, I have no idea. I'm sure he is a creepy guy. But you have to admit, the exhibit is awesome.

Fri May 12, 10:15:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats