Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bingo Mondays and Salsa Saturdays

Today sucks. Today didn't suck until about an hour ago...but then it devolved into a nightmare situation. My job includes working weekends. And when you're on call for a weekend you earn a free weekday off. If you're on 1st or 2nd call Friday that means that you get Thursday off. If you're on 3rd call Friday you get to stay at home or whatever... cause the odds of them needing a 3rd call person are pretty low. So I went to work today thinking "It's all good...I'm off tomorrow...woo!" At about 1 PM my coworker asked if I was coming to work tomorrow. (It's kind of a tradition at my place of employment that people just don't show up on Fridays. Unless you're on call.) I said that I wouldn't be around because I was on 3rd call. "Um...no you're not." "Yeah....I'm on 3rd tomorrow." "No. You're on 2nd tomorrow."

And that's when I realized that I was at work on my day off. That I had wasted an opportunity to sleep in. That I had spent the day playing Line Rider in my office when I could have been playing it at home. It's a terrible realization. It's sad and it's angry and it makes you bitter and dark inside. It makes you want to lash out at others and eat frozen cookies. In that spirit I am going to go eat frozen cookies. And watch Star Trek. Both Deep Space Nine and The Next Generation. That's right. I watch Star Trek. In fact it's probably the best reason I can come up with for quitting my job. Such is my love.

Also this post is devoid of commas. I declare it "Comma-Free Thursday." You knew someone was going to be made to pay for my wasted day. Sorry punctuation. You lose.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

frozen cookies?

and "Coma-Free Thursday" should be the first thursday of every month

Thu Nov 02, 01:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger mance01 said...

Timmy!! Get some chocolate chip cookies and freeze them. Then eat them frozen. They are the best. Also make your brother eat them.

And every day should be coma-free. But good suggestion. "Comma-Free Thursday" is on.

Thu Nov 02, 01:46:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats