Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Some tips

For those of you who are bored at work (read: Tom), I have stolen some tips for you. I can't blog from work (very dangerous endeavor) and I don't have time to write anything original tonight because I have to study, so you'll have to gorge yourselves at the trough of piracy. :) It's okay...I hyperlinked it...so it's not really wrong. Tomorrow: my last two finals. Tomorrow at 4:45 PM, I will unofficially be Samantha *********, MPH. (As if my name wasn't already long enough.)
Laters!

THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU'RE BORED AT WORK
Page yourself over the intercom. (Don't disguise your voice.)

Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Always wear them one day after your boss does. (This is especially effective if your boss is a different gender than you are.)

Make up nicknames for all your coworkers and refer to them only by these names. "That's a good point, Sparky." "No I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Chachi."

Send email to the rest of the company telling them what you're doing. For example "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom."

"Hi-lite" your shoes. Tell people that you haven't lost your shoes since you did this.

Put a chair facing a printer, sit there all day and tell people you're waiting for your document.

Arrive at a meeting late, say you're sorry, but you didn't have time for lunch, and you're going to be nibbling during the meeting. During the meeting eat 5 entire raw potatoes.

Every time someone asks you to do something, ask them if they want fries with that.

Put your garbage can on your desk. Label it "IN."

Decorate your office with pictures of Cindy Brady and Danny Partridge. Try to pass them off as your children.

Send e-mail messages saying free pizza, free donuts etc... in the lunchroom, when people complain that there was none... Just lean back, pat your stomach, and say, "Oh you've got to be faster than that."

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

why not blog from work? I don't understand. is it a firewall issue? if so that is a shame. hacking into/around firewalls is a goal of mine. one that I haven't pursued. but isn't it just a tiny bit a goal in all of us? because come on admit it, being an illegal computer hacker is sexy.
-tom

Thu Apr 28, 10:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

Because my job is big brother. They keep a log of visited websites, the number of copies you make everyday, and copies of anything you fax or scan. They also are allowed to tap your phoneline without telling you if they notice a pattern of a lot of time spent on the phone. So, they see my visited websites and if it's something they don't recognize, they can go check it out. So, if I go to my website and they don't know what it is, they'll go to it and they'll see all the crap I write about how they suck and how I sneak out all the time and all that jazz. Therefore: NO blogging from work. It's okay though...tomorrow's my last day :) Laters!

Thu Apr 28, 03:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

Oh...and hackers? Totally sexy.

Thu Apr 28, 03:31:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats