Wednesday, June 22, 2005

ID

I've been working at my current job for 3 years. In those three years, it has occurred to me many times that I might need a name badge. The badge identifies you as an employee, thus making you much more credible when you try to do things within a hospital. More importantly, the badge contains a cardkey that gives you access to the building where our office is located. For the past three years, I have stood outside the building's door and hoped that the security guard would be at the desk to let me in. Most of the time he is. Which I think is why I've gone this long without a badge. However, we now have two new security guards. Both of which know that I work there because they've seen me leaving with the group on cases several times. I've even spoken to both on several occasions. However, both have decided to be jerks and not let me into the building without a badge. So I have to stand outside, call one of my team members on my cell phone, and they have to walk out and let me in. This pisses off both myself and the people I work with. One night one of the security guards even asked to speak to my supervisor. I don't know what the hell the SECURITY GUARD was going to do to affect my job, but he sure as hell was going to try. Luckily, my boss is not there in the middle of the night which are the hours I typically do my job.

So, today I will lose my distinction as the only badgeless employee. I'm going to bow to conformity in the interests of not standing outside in the middle of the night. It was a tough choice, but I'm finally going to take the plunge. Stupid security guards. Laters!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

why are you getting the badge now? have you voluntarily avoided the badge to this point? I'm not getting it.

Wed Jun 22, 11:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mance01 said...

I'm finally getting one because the stupid new security guards won't let me in the building without one. I've not had one for the past three years because I just haven't needed one. Then I sort of became the rebel without a cause at work because I was the only person without a badge even though I'd been there longer than a lot of people I work with. Of course, I now have a badge. Conformity. Sigh.

Wed Jun 22, 02:31:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats