Thursday, November 02, 2006

My New Year's Has a First Name

Okay...so I'm going to Philadelphia for New Year's. I can't tell you how excited I am about this*...and the reasons why are going to reveal what a loser I am but I don't care.

1. This will be my first New Year's Eve not spent counting my father's fingers and yelling for him to avoid potholes in the yard as he runs from the fireworks he's just lit.
2. This will be my first New Year's Eve with alcohol instead of sparkling white grape juice (which I freely admit I prefer to champagne.)
3. This will be my first New Year's Eve spent with my boyfriend.
4. This will be my first New Year's Eve with snow in over a decade. (I assume there will be snow. Better get on that planning committee.)
5. This will be my first New Year's Eve with a snazzy nickname. Philoney '07 baby.

And so I'm really excited. I get to meet Adina...I get to figure out where the hell Philadelphia is...it's all gold. And if this goes well I have a proposal.

If I have to stay in Birmingham everyone has to come south. Birmingham Alabama On New Year's Eve**. The cool kids will probably call it "BALONEY '08."***

It's gonna be great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I can and I will.
**I know some of you are thinking "Don't you need a comma between the city and state?" And the answer is no. Commas are dead to me.
***Tom will probably call it "BALONYE '08." But he can come anyway. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger craziasian said...

If you're really lucky you'll get shot at.

I'm totally kidding. DOT DOT DOT

i'm glad you're on my side when it comes to spelling philoney. I feel like philonye sounds too much like female genitalia. not a specific genital, just generally has a female genitalia sound to it. wow. i said genitalia a lot in this paragraph. awesome.

and also - you won't be in birmingham next year, remember? you'll be living in philly and totally playing hide the body with us on friday nights.

Thu Nov 02, 06:55:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats