Tuesday, November 14, 2006

News You Can't Really Use for Any Discernible Purpose

1. I just watched a new episode of "Gilmore Girls." I generally catch GG in reruns on ABC family, but I just happened upon a new episode and decided to glimpse into the future. News flash GG fans: The future is a dark and terrifying place. Seriously, I wish I could erase the last 30 minutes of my life. Things that should never have happened, have happened. It's not pretty. I don't know where the series derailed, but it has gone hopelessly off the path. I have a lot of catching up to do to figure out just what the hell happened. Arg.

2. Overheard in the office today: "The lady was about 79 years old and needed a colonoscopy. We drug her up and start puttin' in the tube. As soon as that tube touches her rear end, she jumps and kind of murmurs "Oh, Harold!" Sounded like Harold was gettin' it!" I work with really disturbed people.

3. One word for you guys that are swearing by Airborne: waste. Taking Airborne is the equivalent of eating some fruit. It's basically a multivitamin with some baking soda. And here's the thing about vitamins: you can take as much of them as you like, you're just going to pass the excess in your urine. So Airborne, which has 1,670% the Daily Value of Vitamin C, is a waste of vitamins. You're going to get what you need, and then you're going to have some pretty nutritious pee. Yum.

4. I am indescribably excited about this movie. Seriously. It's a movie about penguins. And one of them tap dances. And one of them is voiced by Robin Williams. What could go wrong with this movie? Of course, I also said that about RollBounce. Whatever dude. Dancing penguins, I'm there. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little part of me died when I finished watching Season 6. And I am sure the phenomenon of suckiness that the show has slipped into has a lot to do with the leaving of the main show's writer and genius creator, amy sherman palladino (is it sick that I know that name off of the top of my head?) after season 6 (I don't have television so I haven't seen any of Season 7). Amy was nuts but her banter was so on the mark. Also, Lauren Graham is HAWT.

I own seasons 1 through 5 - I own them proud and loud. but I am seriously considering not buying season 6, which says something GIGANTIC about where I think the show is going (nowhere). Plus, Rory has turned into a spoiled waif.

I always amaze myself by how much I have to say about this show.

Wed Nov 15, 09:47:00 AM PST  
Blogger Tom said...

That's how I feel about West Wing. I've got seasons 1-5, and 5 might have been one too many.

-t

Wed Nov 15, 11:13:00 AM PST  
Blogger Tom said...

also, here's a fun GG post

http://ouibet.blogspot.com/2006/05/i-swear-ive-been-doing-other-things.html

Wed Nov 15, 12:54:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the season progresses I question why I continue to watch it. I didn't watch it last night on purpose. I was so proud of myself for remembering NOT to.
"Oh Harold". That shit is FUNNY!

Wed Nov 15, 02:59:00 PM PST  
Blogger mance01 said...

It was a great show...the banter is the best. Luke's receding hairline is the worst. :-p

Wed Nov 15, 04:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger mance01 said...

Dude don't lie...you have totally purchased Airborne. :-p

Thu Nov 16, 08:06:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats